Global Warming

Return to Off Topic

Re: Global Warming

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 pm

who the f knows? what is the truth? the answer is that there is no truth in a lot of scientific research. we don't know, that's why we do research. make observations, record them, and analyze the data. scientific theories are constantly challenged by ongoing research. the objective fact of the matter is that 99% of all peer-reviewed published studies on the subject of climate change have come to similar conclusions, that the climate is changing and human activity is a primary, if not THE primary, factor in this change.

so, yeah, no one "the f knows". each of us has our own 1. logic and 2. intuition (subjective), and there's scientific evidence provided to us by experts (as non-subjective as possible since nothing is truly objective)- these three tools are how each one of us forms an opinion on climate change
Jaysker12

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 pm

My point is that we do know for sure and stop trolling with garbage articles from Breitbart. Thanks.
Easypaddy

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 am

Pretty crazy to me how there are so many religious people on this board - who have faith in a book written thousands of years ago - but don't accept things that scientists today are saying is true.
ZMagic30

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am

ZMagic30 wrote:Pretty crazy to me how there are so many religious people on this board - who have faith in a book written thousands of years ago - but don't accept things that scientists today are saying is true.

And your point is? I don't understand how you think the two should be related.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Oldfan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am

I think his point is folks have no problem believing that Jesus is the direct son of God, born of a virgin, based on a book written thousands of years ago without much tangible evidence, but won't believe in global warming when there is much more tangible evidence. It's the selectiveness of when people will require concrete evidence before believing something may be real that is his point.
Oldfan

Postby bird_call » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:26 am

I can't believe that this topic has been resurrected. Is it Easter?

A more nuanced and detailed explanation of the new paper is here:
http://www.cicero.uio.no/no/posts/nyheter/commentary-did-15c-suddenly-get-easier

There will be lots of follow-up on this paper because it is flying in the face of a lot of previous work. It could be right or wrong, but it is definitely stand-alone at this point.

Climate change is still happening. This paper estimates that a 1.5 C increase over 1860-1880 temperatures will occur in 20 years ~2040. And it argues that to remain at that threshold, total human carbon emissions will need to be negative in the second half of this century.

This is different than current budgets which suggest that a negative carbon emissions rate needs to happen in the next 10-15 years, instead of 25-30. That's all.
bird_call

Postby Savannah Jay » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:29 pm

KenoshaJay wrote:
Easypaddy wrote:I don't really know what to say. An unprecedented hurricane season is laying waste to the Caribbean and you post some absolute bullshit from Breitbart.

Let it go man. It's real. Baby boomers had their chance to address climate change and they are choosing to ignore it. Please take your ideas and go away. Your kids and your grandkids have to deal with this now.

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warmin ... urricanes/

Put this in your pipe, and smoke it.

So, did anyone put it in their pipe and smoke it?
Savannah Jay

Postby blueblood » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:04 pm

On my walk w my dogs I stumbled into a small grove of pot that is 12 foot tall. 12 FOOT TALL. A guy I know that lives close to "the spot" said he thinks a high school kid he knows planted it. I picked about 6 buds. Have not smoked them yet. My kids swear its ditch weed and will only give me a headache. I think its the good stuff. Maybe this is the weekend for me to put it in my one hitter pipe and smoke it. So maybe I am your guy Savannah.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Previous

Return to Off Topic