Global Warming

Return to Off Topic

Re: Global Warming

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:19 am

China is polluting California. And we aren't talking about carbon dioxide.

https://thinkprogress.org/chinas-off-th ... 25264bd3e6

My point, to be clear, is that the United States should force China to cut back on the real pollution generated there; not carbon dioxide. The smartest people in the room are former Obama and Clinton officials. We should employ them and inflict their handiwork on the Chinese. Keep hope alive!
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby bird_call » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 am

America's pollution impacts Europe. Should we be forced to cut back our emissions to keep their air quality clean?
bird_call

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:19 pm

AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

From 1993 to 2016, $40 billion in US taxpayer money spent on climate science. I, for one, would have preferred that the $40 billion had been spent on cancer research. Creighton and our friends at UNMC would have scored some of that money.

As to Creighton, pancreatic cancer killed Fr. Schlegel and there has been zero progress on that particular cancer. Suzanne Wright Foundation has the details.

$40 billion wasted; a crime and a sin.

http://www.sepp.org/twtwfiles/2017/TWTW4-1-17.pdf
AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby bird_call » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:09 pm

CU Final Four wrote:From 1993 to 2016, $40 billion in US taxpayer money spent on climate science. I, for one, would have preferred that the $40 billion had been spent on cancer research. $40 billion wasted; a crime and a sin.

http://www.sepp.org/twtwfiles/2017/TWTW4-1-17.pdf

https://www.cancer.gov/about-nci/budget

The U.S. government spends more than three times as much money on cancer research as on climate science. The federal government spending for 2015 was 3.8 Trillion. 40 billion is 0.1% of that. Spread it out over 24 years and it is 0.00417% of the annual spending of the U.S. federal budget.

In other words, for every $1,000 the U.S. federal government spends, approximately 4 cents is spent on climate science. I guess you are the kind of guy that can't spare a nickel.

bird_call

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Problems with climate models. Serious stuff.

http://www.hoover.org/research/flawed-climate-models
AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Still my favorite thing on Internet. Bird_call intellectually and factually bitch slapping CUFF, and CUFF embarrassingly ignores it to post the next Google alert he received. It's magnificent.
vivid_dude

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Vivid:

The "tiny percentage of the federal spending" argument is so old and easily refuted that I didn't bother.

A wasted dollar is a wasted dollar whether it is 10% of the federal budget or 0.01%. In Keynesian theory, however, these wasted dollars have the same utility of having workers dig and fill holes all day. The payment for non-productive work injects money into the economy and that is helpful.

The real point, however, is that the $40b blown on junk climate science could easily be redirected to PRODUCTIVE research for things like cancer. Money is not unlimited; especially so since we are $20T in debt. Some of the productive medical research money would end up at Creighton.

So the issue is thus: spend money to save lives from cancer or to build computer models in order to justify expensive wind and solar panels that is further tax subsidized to fix a problem that doesn't exist. I will remind you that even the EPA admits that our full adoption of the Clean Power Plan would avoid only 0.01 temp increase by 2100.

Again, thank you Creighton for my wonderful education.
Last edited by CU Final Four on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:45 am

You embarrass Creighton. You're just too myopic to know it. Carry on achieving the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are trying to achieve.

Poor guy.

EDIT: I really would prefer not to engage with people who deny actual, provable, consensus science (as in, an empirical thing), but when it's this bad, and he shares my alma mater, I find it hard to be still. Pardon my language, but these days, the world's narrative is lending too much of a voice to stupid *people*, and I refuse to remain silent. Actual intelligence and this wonderful Creighton education mandate that I (and bird_call and others) shut *people* like CUFF down. Outlying, conspiracy opinions will never rule the day. Ever. And that makes me proud.
Last edited by vivid_dude on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivid_dude

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Dems want to burn books written by scientists who disagree with CAGW scam.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/04/house ... z4dJne3Xo2

Line me up with the book burning crowd.
AMDG
CU Final Four

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic