Global Warming

Return to Off Topic

Re: Global Warming

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm

vivid_dude wrote:You embarrass Creighton. You're just too myopic to know it. Carry on achieving the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are trying to achieve.

Poor guy.

EDIT: I really would prefer not to engage with people who deny actual, provable, consensus science (as in, an empirical thing), but when it's this bad, and he shares my alma mater, I find it hard to be still. Pardon my language, but these days, the world's narrative is lending too much of a voice to stupid *people*, and I refuse to remain silent. Actual intelligence and this wonderful Creighton education mandate that I (and bird_call and others) shut *people* like CUFF down. Outlying, conspiracy opinions will never rule the day. Ever. And that makes me proud.

CU Final Four wrote:Dems want to burn books written by scientists who disagree with CAGW scam.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/04/house ... z4dJne3Xo2

Line me up with the book burning crowd.

The fact that CUFF actually followed through with a link to his latest google alert in response to vivid's post is pretty funny, actually. It's just so laughably predictable and sad.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Wales:

I'll tell you what is sad is the censorship, demonization and ad hominem attacks of anyone who doesn't agree with the CAGW scam. You and vivid never deal with the substance of the CAGW scam; just lame talking points. At least bird call makes an effort.

In any event, within four years Trump will have defunded and dismantled the entire CAGW scam. The tax credits will be gone. Start shorting Tesla. Scoreboard.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby bird_call » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:55 am

CU Final Four wrote:
I'll tell you what is sad is the censorship, demonization and ad hominem attacks of anyone who doesn't agree with the CAGW scam. You and vivid never deal with the substance of the CAGW scam; just lame talking points. At least bird call makes an effort.

Poor little snowflake. :roll:

There are hundreds of posts on this thread where you slander scientists, call climate change a scam, a sin, a crime, and now you want to claim the victim card?
bird_call

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:47 pm

bird_call wrote:
CU Final Four wrote:

Poor little snowflake. :roll:

There are hundreds of posts on this thread where you slander scientists, call climate change a scam, a sin, a crime, and now you want to claim the victim card?

So good. CUFF's lack of self-awareness is frightening.

To his point, I leave dealing with the substance to bird_call. He doesn't "make an effort." He absolutely and unquestionably murders you (figuratively speaking). I leave it to the scientists to crush you, which they do quite easily. Your crazy outlier links do nothing to further your cause. You hurt it.

And CUFF essentially just said that science and observable, empirical evidence are TALKING POINTS. (Take a deep breath, CUFF - more ad hominem is coming). Holy shit, you are stupid.

And as for "scoreboard," the only way the dimwits (like you) can pull this off is by electing a reality star to be president. Congrats. You have scoreboard.
vivid_dude

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Children exploited in service of the CAGW scam. How low will liberals stoop? Shameful.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/students- ... te-change/

Ninth Circuit case. Reversed.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby CU Final Four » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:32 pm

18 wrong predictions from the era of the first Earth Day.

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spect ... this-year/

According to these "scientists" we should have all been dead years ago. Given this record of failure, why would anyone believe them now?
AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby bird_call » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:55 am

HAPPY EARTH DAY CUF4!

Should you believe scientists or should you believe the people who claimed that reducing air and water pollution would cost Americans jobs, increase energy costs, and hamstring American businesses?

The proof is in the air we breathe, the waterways we swim in and drink from, and the pretty decent state of American industry.

Is the U.S. air and water cleaner by 60-99% for every regulated pollutant than it was in 1970? Yes.
Has this dramatic reduction in air and water pollution hurt America's economy, increased our energy prices, or thrown millions of Americans out of jobs permanently? No.

Stick with your old-school ways CUF4. Advocate for the dirtiest forms of energy that are no longer cost competitive. Send people underground to dig up massive piles of black rocks to ship on trains and barges to huge facilities intent on burning them and releasing the sulfates, nitrates, mercury, arsenic, and other trace metals into the atmosphere for people to breath and choke on. Or you can get some solar panels on your roof like I did and produce more energy than you use. Sure, there's some mining and pollution involved in manufacturing wind turbines and solar panels, but then you get pollution free energy for 20-30 years.

We've done a great job in this country of cleaning up our air and water, but still have a ways to go before all American's can breathe air that doesn't have unhealthy amounts of human caused pollution.
http://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/sota/key-findings/
bird_call

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Bird call:

Why doesn't your side declare victory in the United States and move the battle to China? I understand big pollution there. Big mystery to me. All lives matter.

You must admit the wild fear mongering by your side was wrong then and therefore similar claims now regarding CAGW are ineffective.

I loved the march for science. Was there support for GMO? Might as well march for apple pie, motherhood and the flag.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby bird_call » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

CU Final Four wrote:Bird call:

Why doesn't your side declare victory in the United States and move the battle to China? I understand big pollution there. Big mystery to me. All lives matter.

You must admit the wild fear mongering by your side was wrong then and therefore similar claims now regarding CAGW are ineffective.

I loved the march for science. Was there support for GMO? Might as well march for apple pie, motherhood and the flag.

CUF4,

I have no jurisdiction over China, though I do work to clean up their air quality when paidd to do so. I think everyone agrees that air quality is much worse in China and India than the U.S. That being said, cleaner than China does not mean the air is healthy to breathe in the U.S.

As the American Lung Association link noted,
The ”State of the Air 2017” found continued improvement in air quality in 2013—2015 in ozone and year-round particle pollution, but an unrelenting increase in dangerous spikes in particle pollution. The number of people exposed to unhealthy levels of air pollution dropped to more than 125 million people, from 166 million in the years covered in the 2016 report (2012—2014).

So now only 35% of Americans are exposed to unhealthy air. So I wont' declare "mission accomplished" until that's down to an insignificant fraction, close to 3%, especially since I live in a place with some of the worst air quality in the nation.
bird_call

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 am

Green power means much higher prices which means energy poverty which means electricity shutoffs. See report from Germany at link.

http://notrickszone.com/2017/03/03/germ ... LgY9l.dpbs
AMDG
CU Final Four

Previous

Return to Off Topic