Global Warming

Return to Off Topic

Re: Global Warming

Postby bird_call » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:16 pm

CU Final Four wrote:Green power means much higher prices which means energy poverty which means electricity shutoffs. See report from Germany at link.

http://notrickszone.com/2017/03/03/germ ... LgY9l.dpbs

Not sure I trust a blog called "notrickszone.com" as a reputable purveyor of information. I'd rather trust the U.S. Energy Information Administration, which is responsible for collecting and analyzing energy information and statistics.

Well look at that! Renewable energy in the form of wind, solar PV, and hydroelectric is completely comparable to fossil fuels and nuclear energy in cost.

I guess we're just reading different sources of information.
bird_call

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Another intellectual curbstomp. I love it.

It's the perfect example of informed person vs. uninformed person. CUFF could not be dumber if he tried.

P.s. Sometimes insults (or ad hominem) are incredibly accurate.
vivid_dude

Postby Easypaddy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 am

When the website is called the "no tricks zone" you know they are giving it to you straight, no funny stuff.
Easypaddy

Postby blueblood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm

vivid_dude has promised never to post in this thread again. He gave his word. There for this is now free space to tear him a new one. Feel free to write how much you think he sucks or anything else you do not want him to be able to reply to.

Your welcome.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 pm

This thread is now a "safe-space," if you will. C'mon millennials, get in here.
Easypaddy

Postby CU Final Four » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 am

Bird call:

Projections are just that: projections. Prices are real. Power costs in Germany today are 3x more than the USA.

I projected us into the Elite 8 for last season. I got that projection wrong.

And what does "levelized" mean? We know how the government adjusts data to suit its needs.

Added from another blog. "NOAA recast their intermediate numbers last year to show warming when there was no change to the raw temperature data." Is this TRUE?
Last edited by CU Final Four on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby CU Final Four » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:23 am

Violent left wing global warming nuts probably shoot up offices of climate realists in Alabama. I say an intimidation tactic like the Mafia or ISIS.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/04/24/ ... cientists/

Science!

I especially take note of the personal account of Al Gore's complaint about the temp data.

Aside. We were at a Husker dive bar tonight. My wife reports that the Huskettes were talking about climate change in the women's room. Talking like it is real. Best evidence yet that CAGW is a scam.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Jaybird » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 am

CU Final Four wrote:Violent left wing global warming nuts probably shoot up offices of climate realists in Alabama. I say an intimidation tactic like the Mafia or ISIS.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/04/24/ ... cientists/

Science!

I especially take note of the personal account of Al Gore's complaint about the temp data.

Aside. We were at a Husker dive bar tonight. My wife reports that the Huskettes were talking about climate change in the women's room. Talking like it is real. Best evidence yet that CAGW is a scam.

So, cuffy, you telling us that there's someone out there who actually agreed to marry you, and then followed through with it, is that the same level of truth as you repeatedly claiming that you were an editor of the Creighton Law Review? Or, unlike that whole law review thing, are you really married, and has your wife performed the requisite number of miracles to prove to the Church that she's eligible for sainthood?

On the other hand, if that wasn't your wife reporting back to you, maybe it's just as well you don't tell us how you found out what was going on in that women's room.
Jaybird

Postby mel ott » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:04 am

The only way that solar and other green technology is comparable pricing to fossil fuels is by government subsidies! It's been that way from the start. Al Gore and buddies are just in it for the money. They want to be the brokerage houses for payments and credits ( when you don't have low enough ratings on your own energy production- then you can buy credits to offset your problem). Just like the markets- the middle man makes the money and it's basically a redistribution of wealth from one country to another. Funny that back in 2008 attending a Florida natural gas conference these traders were all hoping that either Obama or McCain would buy into this and they would make a ton of money. Funny, when asked what the cost for this "clean air'' program would cost consumers- the answer was they hadn't really looked at that! Lastly, some countries didn't have to participate- so two of the biggest polluters,India and China, didn't have to pay anything. Wealth redistribution.

Oh and thanks BB- screw Vivid! That feels better. Actually, I think he has mellowed out just a bit.
mel ott

Postby CU Final Four » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Jaybird:

Assuming arguendo that I was transgendered, you got a problem with that? I thought you were liberal.

&&&&&

POTUS supposedly going to put the Paris Agreement to the Senate as a treaty subject to Senate ratification. As should have been done by the lawless Obama. You know, that whole constitution thing the former con law prof blew off. Another defeat for the CAGW scam. Ratification won't get 40 votes as some Dems jump ship. Trump is a genius. Dems that vote for ratification have a new issue that they now have to answer for to the voters.
AMDG
CU Final Four

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic