Global Warming

Return to Off Topic

Re: Global Warming

Postby JaysLifer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:44 pm

mel ott wrote:I'm not a scientist so I will leave it to all of you that are. Just thought it was interesting

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... l-warming/


Hahaha! Breitbart? Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm going to click on that garbage. I don't care whatever point the article makes, Breitbart is awful, self-serving drivel.
JaysLifer
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 am

 

Re: Global Warming

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 am

Conservatives don't actually care. They are just trolling at this point.
Easypaddy
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Global Warming

Postby mel ott » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 am

JaysLifer wrote:
mel ott wrote:I'm not a scientist so I will leave it to all of you that are. Just thought it was interesting

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... l-warming/


Hahaha! Breitbart? Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm going to click on that garbage. I don't care whatever point the article makes, Breitbart is awful, self-serving drivel.



That's very mature. Don't look at the content of the information- just where information comes from. Have you ever considered that mainstream media doesn't cover a lot of stuff because it doesn't play to what they want? Assange, Wikileaks all the information they found- it's not that the content isn't true- it's just the source. I wonder why the big news outlets with all their top journalists could never find any of this information?

So at least I wasn't called a lot of names except a troll. That's pretty light treatment from liberals. I was seriously thinking someone would maybe address the article and it's merits. I said I'm not a scientist- it appears you aren't either.
User avatar
mel ott
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 am

Re: Global Warming

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am

I don't really know what to say. An unprecedented hurricane season is laying waste to the Caribbean and you post some absolute bullshit from Breitbart.

Let it go man. It's real. Baby boomers had their chance to address climate change and they are choosing to ignore it. Please take your ideas and go away. Your kids and your grandkids have to deal with this now.
Easypaddy
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Global Warming

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 am

mel ott wrote:
JaysLifer wrote:
mel ott wrote:I'm not a scientist so I will leave it to all of you that are. Just thought it was interesting

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... l-warming/


Hahaha! Breitbart? Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm going to click on that garbage. I don't care whatever point the article makes, Breitbart is awful, self-serving drivel.



That's very mature. Don't look at the content of the information- just where information comes from. Have you ever considered that mainstream media doesn't cover a lot of stuff because it doesn't play to what they want? Assange, Wikileaks all the information they found- it's not that the content isn't true- it's just the source. I wonder why the big news outlets with all their top journalists could never find any of this information?

So at least I wasn't called a lot of names except a troll. That's pretty light treatment from liberals. I was seriously thinking someone would maybe address the article and it's merits. I said I'm not a scientist- it appears you aren't either.


Unfortunately in this day and age, content and the origin of the content cannot be separated (on both the right and the left, btw). Cannot read content without considering it's source. If this same study is published in the Wall Street Journal (or other outlet with a more distinguished history of caring about the truth), at least its credibility would be boosted significantly/dramatically.
Savannah Jay
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:35 am

Re: Global Warming

Postby JaysLifer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 am

mel ott wrote:
JaysLifer wrote:
mel ott wrote:I'm not a scientist so I will leave it to all of you that are. Just thought it was interesting

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... l-warming/


Hahaha! Breitbart? Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm going to click on that garbage. I don't care whatever point the article makes, Breitbart is awful, self-serving drivel.



That's very mature. Don't look at the content of the information- just where information comes from. Have you ever considered that mainstream media doesn't cover a lot of stuff because it doesn't play to what they want? Assange, Wikileaks all the information they found- it's not that the content isn't true- it's just the source. I wonder why the big news outlets with all their top journalists could never find any of this information?

So at least I wasn't called a lot of names except a troll. That's pretty light treatment from liberals. I was seriously thinking someone would maybe address the article and it's merits. I said I'm not a scientist- it appears you aren't either.


I've never claimed to be a scientist. The fact that you're not a scientist is readily apparent from your citation to Breitbart.

Breitbart is in a class all its own (or, at a minimum, at the head of its class) as far as "reporting" is concerned. They make up lies out of whole cloth and constantly spew those lies so pervasively that their readers eventually come to believe them as facts (see, e.g., Hillary Clinton's "kill list"; Hillary Clinton's supposed arms-dealing with ISIS; and the totally credible pizzagate scandal).

I will give Breibart some credit, in that it has managed to position itself as an authority for right-wing nuts and weaseled its way into the national narrative. It's amazing to me that it's perceived as this anti-establishment, anti-elite website, despite being run by a man (using that term generously) who's both a former Goldman Sachs executive and a former Hollywood producer, and who is being bankrolled by a former Wall Street hedge fund manager. More amazing still is that it's nothing more than a blog that's run out of a flophouse in DC, yet it's blindly followed by hordes of people.

But, to your point, Bannon is a fervent climate-change denier. And he's shown time and time again that the truth is no obstacle to making his point about the climate change "scam" or "hoax" on his website. So, yeah, I'm going to attack the source and ignore whatever it is you think is "interesting" in the article you cited. Sorry.
JaysLifer
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 am

Re: Global Warming

Postby Jaybird » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 am

mel ott wrote:
JaysLifer wrote:
mel ott wrote:I'm not a scientist so I will leave it to all of you that are. Just thought it was interesting

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... l-warming/


Hahaha! Breitbart? Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm going to click on that garbage. I don't care whatever point the article makes, Breitbart is awful, self-serving drivel.



That's very mature. Don't look at the content of the information- just where information comes from. Have you ever considered that mainstream media doesn't cover a lot of stuff because it doesn't play to what they want? Assange, Wikileaks all the information they found- it's not that the content isn't true- it's just the source. I wonder why the big news outlets with all their top journalists could never find any of this information?

So at least I wasn't called a lot of names except a troll. That's pretty light treatment from liberals. I was seriously thinking someone would maybe address the article and it's merits. I said I'm not a scientist- it appears you aren't either.


Well, God help me, I looked at the "content" you recommended to us (and now I have something else to admit to when I go to confession next). So, is your idea of "mature" a writer who begins his piece with "climate alarmists" and ends by demanding that "snooty alarmist scumbags" apologize to the world of science? This is the measured tone, the scholarly approach, you encourage us to give serious consideration to?

Somewhere in the Breitbart annals (or, maybe, anals) there must be a story arguing that we need a Wall to keep out hurricanes. Maybe you should post that. It would make about as much sense. Really, if you care so little about credibility, you might as well post climate change commentaries from Mad Magazine or Penthouse Forum while you're at it (and you'd probably get a lot more people to read it).

If nothing else, with hurricanes rampaging through the Caribbean after ripping up Houston and Florida, I think you've retired the "Great Timing" traveling trophy.

Oh, and JaysLifer, don't forget the Breitbart "child sex ring masterminded by Hillary being run out of the basement of a DC pizza parlor" story that ran during the election, prompting a faithful reader to load up his shotgun and head on up to that evil pizza place to make things right. I can't think of a publication where the warning "consider the source" is more applicable.
Jaybird
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

Re: Global Warming

Postby KenoshaJay » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Easypaddy wrote:I don't really know what to say. An unprecedented hurricane season is laying waste to the Caribbean and you post some absolute bullshit from Breitbart.

Let it go man. It's real. Baby boomers had their chance to address climate change and they are choosing to ignore it. Please take your ideas and go away. Your kids and your grandkids have to deal with this now.


https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warmin ... urricanes/

Put this in your pipe, and smoke it.
KenoshaJay
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am

Re: Global Warming

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pm

KenoshaJay wrote:
Easypaddy wrote:I don't really know what to say. An unprecedented hurricane season is laying waste to the Caribbean and you post some absolute bullshit from Breitbart.

Let it go man. It's real. Baby boomers had their chance to address climate change and they are choosing to ignore it. Please take your ideas and go away. Your kids and your grandkids have to deal with this now.


https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warmin ... urricanes/

Put this in your pipe, and smoke it.


Too lazy to read this study start to finish, but here are som cliff notes...

It is premature to conclude that human activities–and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming–have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity.


Ok...

A review of existing studies, including the ones cited above, lead us to conclude that it is likely that greenhouse warming will cause hurricanes in the coming century to be more intense globally and have higher rainfall rates than present-day hurricanes.


Hmmm...

The strongest hurricanes in the present climate may be upstaged by even more intense hurricanes over the next century as the earth’s climate is warmed by increasing levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.


Sweet!!

Thanks for sharing this article.
Easypaddy
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Global Warming

Postby KenoshaJay » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Easypaddy wrote:
KenoshaJay wrote:
Easypaddy wrote:I don't really know what to say. An unprecedented hurricane season is laying waste to the Caribbean and you post some absolute bullshit from Breitbart.

Let it go man. It's real. Baby boomers had their chance to address climate change and they are choosing to ignore it. Please take your ideas and go away. Your kids and your grandkids have to deal with this now.


https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warmin ... urricanes/

Put this in your pipe, and smoke it.


Too lazy to read this study start to finish, but here are som cliff notes...

It is premature to conclude that human activities–and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming–have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity.


Ok...

A review of existing studies, including the ones cited above, lead us to conclude that it is likely that greenhouse warming will cause hurricanes in the coming century to be more intense globally and have higher rainfall rates than present-day hurricanes.


Hmmm...

The strongest hurricanes in the present climate may be upstaged by even more intense hurricanes over the next century as the earth’s climate is warmed by increasing levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.


Sweet!!

Thanks for sharing this article.


You're welcome.

Many conflicting articles by NOAA.

Who the f knows?

Proves my point.
KenoshaJay
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests