Cloisters on the Platte

Return to Off Topic

Cloisters on the Platte

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm

http://cloistersontheplatte.com

Check out the full website with special attention to the videos.

Nebraska soon becomes the home of the Spiritual Exercises. Creighton benefits.

Thank you Joe Ricketts!
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: Cloisters on the Platte

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 pm

$13.6m for the real estate. Joe Ricketts will have $50m plus sunk into this before it is done. I also recall something about he was going to fund operating costs.

Good thing he went to Creighton instead of UNL out of Nebraska City high school.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby KenoshaJay » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Impressive place.

Will be well worth the visit.
KenoshaJay

Postby jays911 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Great endeavor. Deep thanks to Joe. The only thing I don't get is why they won't allow marriage retreats. Everything has to be single sex. But he who pays can make the rules, I guess.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:49 am

AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 pm

AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby OmahaBen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:38 pm

jays911 wrote:Great endeavor. Deep thanks to Joe. The only thing I don't get is why they won't allow marriage retreats. Everything has to be single sex. But he who pays can make the rules, I guess.

My guess, and it's only a guess; it's because of gay marriage. My understanding is this isn't being owned or operated by the Church itself, but a non-profit company organized by Ricketts. Consequently, it would be a place of public accommodation, and subject to anti-discrimination laws.

By only doing single gender retreats, and not offering them to married couples, he sidesteps the potential for controversy or litigation if a gay couple wanted to attend.
OmahaBen

Postby jays911 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:02 pm

OmahaBen wrote:
jays911 wrote:Great endeavor. Deep thanks to Joe. The only thing I don't get is why they won't allow marriage retreats. Everything has to be single sex. But he who pays can make the rules, I guess.

My guess, and it's only a guess; it's because of gay marriage. My understanding is this isn't being owned or operated by the Church itself, but a non-profit company organized by Ricketts. Consequently, it would be a place of public accommodation, and subject to anti-discrimination laws.

By only doing single gender retreats, and not offering them to married couples, he sidesteps the potential for controversy or litigation if a gay couple wanted to attend.

After my post, I was informed it simply part of the Ignation process.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 am

https://www.facebook.com/cloistersonthe ... S_TIMELINE

https://www.facebook.com/dennis.zongker ... 5892740015

I've been privileged to see this project from its early stages to final product. Unreal talent.

the Facebook pages of both Zongkers and Cloisters are worth a scroll. There is also a YouTube page.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... the+platte
Waylon Van Smack

Return to Off Topic