Press Box Jays Baseball Tickets

Return to Off Topic

Press Box Jays Baseball Tickets

Postby born_a_Jay » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Has anyone purchased these tickets? $35 for game, buffet and drinks seems like a pretty good deal. Is it worth the extra cash?
Last edited by born_a_Jay on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
born_a_Jay

Re: Press Box Baseball Tickets

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 pm

For the Cubs? Absolutely!
TrueBlueJay

Postby born_a_Jay » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:For the Cubs? Absolutely!

Very helpful, thanks.
born_a_Jay

Postby Jaybird » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:For the Cubs? Absolutely!

Agreed. For the Cubs, that's a steal. Hell, for the Brewers, Twins, even the White Sox, that's a bargain. Now the Cardinals, on the other hand...

If that's for a St. Louis game, that seems way overpriced. For that kind of money, they'd damn well better send a car to pick me up and bring me home. Wait, that's ridiculous and unreasonable. I'm in Omaha, so they'll need to send the team plane. I'm not traveling all the way to St. Louis in some damn limo.

And pre-game field access. I'll have to have that. That's just non-negotiable. And I'd want a direct line to the dugout during the game because I may have some thoughts about strategy. (In a tribute to Ed, I might call for a first-inning bunt, but that's assuming the Cards could get somebody on base, and that's a lot to expect). And the exclusive right to get guys up and throwing in the bullpen. Whoever and whenever I choose. I might have the next day's starter throw about five innings out there just because I could. And that 35 bucks better be family pricing, and by "family" I mean everyone even distantly related to me, my buddies and my softball team so they'll need to send a bigass plane. If all of that's included, then yeah, the price might be about right, although I'd try to see if they'd come down to around 30, maybe 25.

Unless, of course, it's for a Cubs game in St. Louis, in which case, that's seems like a really good deal.
Jaybird

Postby born_a_Jay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am

Why is there always someone that needs to prove
they are a bigger ass than the previous person?
born_a_Jay

Postby Easypaddy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 am

For the Storm Chasers?
Easypaddy

Postby born_a_Jay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 am

Poor effort.
born_a_Jay

Postby Realhoops » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:29 pm

born_a_Jay wrote:Why is there always someone that needs to prove
they are a bigger ass than the previous person?

It's probably safe to assume that some of those posts actually did know what you were talking about. I'll confess, though, that I wasn't sure what you were talking about in the initial post. This is the "off topic" board, so it's usually about things unrelated to Creighton sports. So when I read your initial post, I assumed you were talking about press box tickets for something other than Jays baseball -- otherwise, I figured, you'd have posted it with all of the other Jays baseball talk on that board instead of here in off topic. Then I got Sarv's email today advertising the press box tickets for Jays baseball.

Just a thought, though, that some may actually have not known what you were actually asking about because of where you decided to post and what you decided not to say in the initial question post.

On topic -- I haven't bought them before, but I'd definitely consider it, especially because it's only $15 for kids under 18. So my high school teenager could come and the two of us could get all of that for $50. Adding in concession costs to the normal tickets usually runs that much or more anyway.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby born_a_Jay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

I appreciate your feedback. I considered posting on
baseball thread but I saw very little activity there
other than game previews and results. I didn't
see me getting any input within that general baseball
topic. We have purchased 20+ tickets for a Saturday night
game and was just curious.
born_a_Jay

Re: Press Box Jays Baseball Tickets

Postby Polyfro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm

A reserved ticket is $10 by itself, so if you have a couple of beers at $7 or $8 apiece, plus some kind of food at $8-10, you're spending $35 anyway. At that point you may as well spring for the Press Box promotion -- it's a swanky area, the sightlines to watch the game are nice, and especially for March/April night games where the weather can be chilly, you can hang out inside.

There's private concessions up on that suite/press box level, too, if for some reason you want something to eat beyond what's on the buffet.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Next

Return to Off Topic