Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Press Box Jays Baseball Tickets

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Polyfro wrote:A reserved ticket is $10 by itself, so if you have a couple of beers at $7 or $8 apiece, plus some kind of food at $8-10, you're spending $35 anyway. At that point you may as well spring for the Press Box promotion -- it's a swanky area, the sightlines to watch the game are nice, and especially for March/April night games where the weather can be chilly, you can hang out inside.

There's private concessions up on that suite/press box level, too, if for some reason you want something to eat beyond what's on the buffet.

What kind of stuff IS on the buffet?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Having covered the games in the press box for WBR, eaten the buffet and seen the beer, I think it's probably worth it.

Buffet was ribs, egg salad, cookies, ice tea, and some other side dish one game. The other game was cold cuts with potato salad.

Each game, I have seen anywhere from 4-10 people in there as fans who purchased the tickets.

Re: Press Box Baseball Tickets

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am

born_a_Jay wrote:I appreciate your feedback. I considered posting on
baseball thread but I saw very little activity there
other than game previews and results. I didn't
see me getting any input within that general baseball
topic. We have purchased 20+ tickets for a Saturday night
game and was just curious.

So, you bought more than 20 tickets for a game and THEN asked us for advice on whether you got a good deal? I guess another possibility is that you bought the tickets BECAUSE of all the great advice we gave you, in which case 1) you're welcome, and 2) you owe us an apology because you cruelly maligned us for that very advice. Things like "poor effort" really sting, you know.

On top of all that, you've twice edited your original two-sentence post which began this whole firestorm, and you edited it after we gave you all this terrific advice that you've unfairly complained about. And all this, after posting in the wrong place to begin with.

Your posts are fast becoming a must-read, but maybe not for the right reasons. Kind of like Cuffy.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:28 pm

I am here for your entertainment. Yes, the tickets were bought prior to the post. For $30 game, food and drinks and $15 for kids I was pretty sure we would get our moneys worth, that could be done with drinks alone. I was just curious to hear from others who may have already been in the press box for a game. As for posting in the wrong spot, I beg to differ. The baseball thread consists of nothing but preview and recap links with no option to start another "baseball" related topic. So if I wanted this read and replied to, I thought this was my best option. Sorry I hurt you and your snowflake friends feelings. Go Jays.......oh wait that's not allowed since we are on the "off topic" thread. :lol:

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:02 pm

born_a_Jay wrote:. . .
As for posting in the wrong spot, I beg to differ. The baseball thread consists of nothing but preview and recap links with no option to start another "baseball" related topic.
. . .

What are you talking about? You can start a new topic on that board in exactly the same way you started the topic on this board.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
born_a_Jay wrote:. . .
As for posting in the wrong spot, I beg to differ. The baseball thread consists of nothing but preview and recap links with no option to start another "baseball" related topic.
. . .

What are you talking about? You can start a new topic on that board in exactly the same way you started the topic on this board.

Maybe so but in looking at that page each sport has it's own thread and that it all. Not really sure what the fuss is all about.
Post a reply