Eclipse!

Return to Off Topic

Eclipse!

Postby LJay » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 pm

On a dirt road south of Stromsberg caught a hole in the clouds and saw it. Beautiful. There was a red band around the upper left and yellow everywhere else around the corona.
77 - 62
LJay

Re: Eclipse!

Postby FreddyMac » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Even though there was still just a sliver here and it was never fully eclipsed it was pretty cool to see. Heard from a friend in Beatrice where it was full and I guess when it got dark the birds did stop flying and all lined up on the power line. Then as the sun started coming out again they took off.
FreddyMac

Postby blueblood » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 pm

I have nicknamed myself the Eclipse scrooge. I thought it sucked. Bar next door to my office is called "the Eclipse" and it was packed. No parking in the lot. With the hype I thought we would have total darkness. It was barely dusk with 98% coverage. The over saturation of coverage killed it for me. No offense to those that loved it, just was no big deal to me.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm

blueblood wrote:I have nicknamed myself the Eclipse scrooge. I thought it sucked. Bar next door to my office is called "the Eclipse" and it was packed. No parking in the lot. With the hype I thought we would have total darkness. It was barely dusk with 98% coverage. The over saturation of coverage killed it for me. No offense to those that loved it, just was no big deal to me.

I thought it was neat, but the earthquake we had last summer was even more impressive to me.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

I've heard from others who saw the totality that is was pretty awesome - here in the metro it seemed so-so. Amazing how much light 2% of the sun puts out.
TrueBlueJay

Postby ZMagic30 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:11 pm

I saw totality down near Lincoln. Insane to see the sun just blacked out. All of the street lights came on. Was super eerie
ZMagic30

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 pm

"Eclipse". Yeah right. That's just more crazy fake news from "scientists," like "climate change." Hard to believe them on one but not the other. After all, Trump ignored the warnings and common sense of school children and pet dogs about not looking directly at the sun and did it not once, but twice.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby taa71458 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 am

blueblood wrote: No offense to those that loved it, just was no big deal to me.

Everything seems a bit underwhelming once a zombie dragon is in play.
taa71458

Postby blueblood » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 am

That was the biggest moment on Thrones next to the arrival of the trio of Prince Oberyn's bastard daughters
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby jays911 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 am

blueblood wrote:I have nicknamed myself the Eclipse scrooge. I thought it sucked. Bar next door to my office is called "the Eclipse" and it was packed. No parking in the lot. With the hype I thought we would have total darkness. It was barely dusk with 98% coverage. The over saturation of coverage killed it for me. No offense to those that loved it, just was no big deal to me.

You needed to see the totality. I watched it in Auburn. Incredible experience.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Next

Return to Off Topic