Prosecutors drop rape charge against Maurice Watson;

Return to Off Topic

Re: Maurice Watson, Jr.

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 pm

I believe our board has more whacked out, off the chart goofs than any other sports board I've ever visited... makes me chuckle, cringe and shake my head.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Altman's Advisor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 am

Altman's Advisor

Postby Altman's Advisor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:51 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:
Altman's Advisor wrote:Image

Yep, that's what Maurice Watson Jr. was from Creighton's campus and events. How bout you Altman? You part of the Creighton Alt Right on here too?

Keep it up, bud. Get it all out of your system while you can because as soon as Freddy or Tom see this mess you're gone.
Altman's Advisor

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:38 am

Mods having a crazy night partying?

Well that escalated quickly....
Eye of the Jay

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:47 am

OWH story by Todd Cooper linked below is excellent and lays out the key facts. After reading the story it is clear that the State never would have satisfied its burden of proof. County attorney Kleine did the right thing by dismissing the case. Kudos to him.

Much discussion above about whether Creighton acted appropriately. Rest assured that general counsel Jim Jansen was consulted by the staff and he probably made all of the decisions. I am highly confident that Jansen followed the then applicable law, regulations and policies to the letter. Jansen's decisions were all made with the goal that Creighton not be put in legal jeopardy in the future. One overriding goal of the athletic department is that Creighton never have another Kevin Ross or anyone like him. Scandal must be avoided. Avoid high publicity lawsuits by proactive thinking. Or at least lay the groundwork for a solid defense.

In the press conference Mo said he wants to finish his degree. By all means he should be allowed to do so. But more importantly he needs to play ball. I think he has the talent to play in the NBA as he was probably the best point guard in the country last season. Obviously his knee is the issue. Josh Dotzler was never the same after his knee injury but each case is unique.

Attorney Stu Dornan kinda, sorta hinted at a civil lawsuit against Creighton. From what I can see, that looks like a giant mistake. Creighton's defense is that it followed Obama's policy. Tough for a plaintiff to get around that.

The client makes the ultimate decision about filing a lawsuit. Mo should bear in mind that there was a fair quid pro quo when he signed to play here. He was at Boston U; a third tier team. At Creighton he got to play with much better teammates and against top players on a national stage. That improved his game and increased his exposure.

Some people might think Creighton is an easy target with a fat wallet. I would urge those persons to review the Eighth Circuit case involving a former Spanish language professor. Plaintiff's counsel easily spent 1,000 hours on that case and got zip.

The best result here is for Mo to get on with an NBA team this season and for him to earn his degree in the next summer session. Just put that encounter with that lying woman behind him. Not much good happens after midnight.

The big winner here is the female defense lawyer. Stellar work. She saved an innocent man who was wrongly accused. She is Omaha's Atticus Finch. An outstanding achievement by her.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/prosecu ... c17cf.html
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am

Eighth Circuit case at link below shows how general counsel worked the case early on and in a very savvy manner. I suspect a much higher level of work in Mo's case from day one.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-8th-circuit/1137352.html
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am

i don't understand the vicious attitudes being thrown around. our former star athlete has been completely vindicated by the law. why are we finger pointing at those who jumped to conclusions early on as is natural for cases like this? both mo and the plaintiff are people and its okay to empathize with both of them. Now that the evidence has come out and the law has spoken, what is there to be mad about...

WB77, don't know how drunk you were when crafting those tirades but... do you really think there are people on this board who'd rather see Mo convicted of these charges? Please. Maybe think next time before you post.
Jaysker12

Postby Jays26 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:30 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:I believe our board has more whacked out, off the chart goofs than any other sports board I've ever visited... makes me chuckle, cringe and shake my head.

+1

The crap that is posted on this board is astonishing at times.

Either 77 is in detox or has been banned. Let's hope it's the latter.
Jays26

Postby Omahanian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:I believe our board has more whacked out, off the chart goofs than any other sports board I've ever visited... makes me chuckle, cringe and shake my head.

^This
Omahanian

Postby bird_call » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:i don't understand the vicious attitudes being thrown around. our former star athlete has been completely vindicated by the law. why are we finger pointing at those who jumped to conclusions early on as is natural for cases like this?

Not guilty is not the same as innocent...

I hope everyone involved in this situation is able to make the most of the rest of their lives.
bird_call

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic