Prosecutors drop rape charge against Maurice Watson;

Return to Off Topic

Re: Maurice Watson, Jr.

Postby whtblu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Can we please lock this thread and let it die? Or can the three posters going back and forth just get each other's numbers and exchange pleasantries on their own?
whtblu

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 pm

cufan wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:My bad. Assaulter, not sexual assaulter. The point stands.

I just want to make sure your position is on the record. So, when the story is this...

He pressed the woman up against a sink, lowered his pants and forced her to perform oral sex on him. He then turned her around, pushed her against a wall, pulled down her pants and raped her. The 19-year-old later went to the Nebraska Medical Center, where medical staff found a cut to her vagina consistent with nonconsensual sex, Beninato said. Beninato said doctors found a “massive amount” of blood as they examined her.

...your position is that Creighton should have said "let's just see how this all plays out first." If that's your position, wow.

Nope, now you are making assumptions.

They should suspend until the criminal justice system plays out. They automatically expelled him. When it comes out that the accusers story "lacks credibility" (aka false accusation) he should have been immediately reinstated as a student.

Can I assume it is your position that Louisville should not have fired Pitino until the investigation concluded? Maybe just suspend him until he gets his day in court?
vivid_dude

Postby cufan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:38 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
cufan wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:My bad. Assaulter, not sexual assaulter. The point stands.

I just want to make sure your position is on the record. So, when the story is this...

He pressed the woman up against a sink, lowered his pants and forced her to perform oral sex on him. He then turned her around, pushed her against a wall, pulled down her pants and raped her. The 19-year-old later went to the Nebraska Medical Center, where medical staff found a cut to her vagina consistent with nonconsensual sex, Beninato said. Beninato said doctors found a “massive amount” of blood as they examined her.

...your position is that Creighton should have said "let's just see how this all plays out first." If that's your position, wow.

Nope, now you are making assumptions.

They should suspend until the criminal justice system plays out. They automatically expelled him. When it comes out that the accusers story "lacks credibility" (aka false accusation) he should have been immediately reinstated as a student.

Can I assume it is your position that Louisville should not have fired Pitino until the investigation concluded? Maybe just suspend him until he gets his day in court?

Do you actually believe these situations are analogous?

Pitino is a repeat offender with numerous proven incidents that have embarrassed Louisville. He should have been gone after the quickie / abortion scandal. Let alone the pay for hookers scandal. Oh, and the federal bribery scandal now to put a cherry on top of it. I'm sorry if you can't see this distinction.

Second, the FBI has corroborating evidence that is completely objective. Wiretaps, recordings, bank deposits, etc. Rest assured, this case is not reliant upon 1 individual's testimony. If these charges came about because one guy said "he paid Brian Bowen", yes he should not be let go at this time. We all know that is not the case.

Third, even if Pitino had "nothing to do with" this (of course he did) and Louisville if found to be clean, he has to be let go as the head of the program. Like mentioned earlier, this his is 3rd of 4th major, groundbreaking scandal. As the CEO, you are charged with upholding the reputation and brand of the program. He has failed.

So, no. I find virtually no similarities between the two cases, so I have a much different opinion on how they should be handled.
cufan

Re: Prosecutors drop rape charge against Maurice Watson;

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Just trying to understand your position, which I disagree with.
vivid_dude

Postby cufan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:32 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Just trying to understand your position, which I disagree with.

No problem. I obviously disagree with yours as well.
cufan

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57 pm

cufan wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Just trying to understand your position, which I disagree with.

No problem. I obviously disagree with yours as well.

Actually, my question and comparison actually kind of helped your original position on Mo, as it turns out Pitino hasn't been fired - but has been placed on unpaid administrative leave. That's the equivalent of what you called for on Mo's case - so I didn't help my cause much by bringing it up.

vivid_dude

Previous

Return to Off Topic