Tim Miles separation watch

Return to Off Topic

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:09 pm

27% from the field today against Michigan State.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby CreighTony » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 pm

[quote="CU Final Four"]27% from the field today against Michigan State.[/quote
And Michigan State did not play anywhere near their potential. We need to stomp the Huskers out early next Saturday as we have done in the past.
CreighTony

Postby Hunter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm

I talked to a very highly regarded member of the BJU over the weekend who was closely following this thread. I don't see any sense in continuing this series for the reasons I've mentioned but he had a good compromise. In the future, we should only do this series on a 2-for-1 basis.
Hunter

Postby 1620Jay » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Hunter wrote:I talked to a very highly regarded member of the BJU over the weekend who was closely following this thread. I don't see any sense in continuing this series for the reasons I've mentioned but he had a good compromise. In the future, we should only do this series on a 2-for-1 basis.

That would be unfortunate as if a 2 for 1 is proposed you can kiss a fun baseball series good bye and probably any future volleyball matchups. Understood if you are strictly just a basketball fan but it would be sad to see the other series go as well.
1620Jay

Postby blueblood » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

In volleyball nu would not play CU this year. They won't play them most years. nu finally agreed to play fellow top 25 CU next year. But they put conditions on it. They will not play on CU's home court anymore. They will only play at nu or at the CenturyLink. If they play at the CenturyLink they want half of the gate. When they play in Lincoln they want the whole gate. CU agreed to play and give half the gate to nu. Like nu needs the money.
Back in the days nu was almost respectable in basketball, they dictated all conditions should they agree to play CU. CU would offer dates and times and nu would turn them all down. They would only agree to dates and times that limited Omaha fans and students from attending. Like Sunday afternoons, or when the students were gone or during finals week. They would only schedule from a power position.
Both baseball teams suck so who cares.

So basically for years nu was a huge prick in regards to how it treated Creighton. They did everything it could to avoid playing Creighton and if they lowered themselves to playing them they wanted to be paid more and when they felt like it.

I personally hate playing them in any sport. So 1620 I am fine with dropping baseball and volleyball too.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Jaybird » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm

1620Jay wrote:
Hunter wrote:I talked to a very highly regarded member of the BJU over the weekend who was closely following this thread. I don't see any sense in continuing this series for the reasons I've mentioned but he had a good compromise. In the future, we should only do this series on a 2-for-1 basis.

That would be unfortunate as if a 2 for 1 is proposed you can kiss a fun baseball series good bye and probably any future volleyball matchups. Understood if you are strictly just a basketball fan but it would be sad to see the other series go as well.

I don't care if this series continues, but your "reasoning" that nebraska could threaten scheduling in other sports reminds me a little of the Mob guy who shows up at a restaurant and says, "nice place you got here. Be a shame if something happened to it". Except, the CU-nebraska volleyball series you keep suggesting could end if the basketball series did, is only hit-and-miss in the first place. So, what you're saying is, Cook isn't scheduling Creighton right now, but if we stop beating up nebraska in basketball every year, he REALLY won't schedule us. Boy, that'll show us (even though I doubt the various teams at a university make scheduling decisions like that). But, somehow, I think Creighton volleyball would survive anyway.

As for baseball, doesn't nebraska get a pretty nice payday or two from that series? Don't they share the gate for the Daytrader Stadium games, or maybe even keep proceeds when the series is played in Omaha twice? If each school is making money from those games, in a sport where it's hard to make money, I doubt they'd stop just because basketball does.

But, never mind all that. Don't you realize how pathetic that whole argument of yours is? You've got nebraska trying to hold other sports hostage, saying, basically, "Hey, Creighton. You stop playing us in basketball, boy, you'll be sorry. We'll...we'll...we'll just stop playing you in volleyball and baseball". In other words, "Please, PLEASE keep playing us. PLEASE!!!" Nothing reflects the imbalance in this series more than your goofy argument.
Jaybird

Postby 1620Jay » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Jaybird wrote:
1620Jay wrote:

I don't care if this series continues, but your "reasoning" that nebraska could threaten scheduling in other sports reminds me a little of the Mob guy who shows up at a restaurant and says, "nice place you got here. Be a shame if something happened to it". Except, the CU-nebraska volleyball series you keep suggesting could end if the basketball series did, is only hit-and-miss in the first place. So, what you're saying is, Cook isn't scheduling Creighton right now, but if we stop beating up nebraska in basketball every year, he REALLY won't schedule us. Boy, that'll show us (even though I doubt the various teams at a university make scheduling decisions like that). But, somehow, I think Creighton volleyball would survive anyway.

As for baseball, doesn't nebraska get a pretty nice payday or two from that series? Don't they share the gate for the Daytrader Stadium games, or maybe even keep proceeds when the series is played in Omaha twice? If each school is making money from those games, in a sport where it's hard to make money, I doubt they'd stop just because basketball does.

But, never mind all that. Don't you realize how pathetic that whole argument of yours is? You've got nebraska trying to hold other sports hostage, saying, basically, "Hey, Creighton. You stop playing us in basketball, boy, you'll be sorry. We'll...we'll...we'll just stop playing you in volleyball and baseball". In other words, "Please, PLEASE keep playing us. PLEASE!!!" Nothing reflects the imbalance in this series more than your goofy argument.
Holy crap. Settle down. 1. You are very angry. 2. Nowhere did I say it was a threat. 3. It was my reasoning for wanting the series to continue. Quite frankly...Nebraska doesn’t need Creighton in any of the sports mentioned above. And Creighton doesn’t need Nebraska.
1620Jay

Postby 1620Jay » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

blueblood wrote:In volleyball nu would not play CU this year. They won't play them most years. nu finally agreed to play fellow top 25 CU next year. But they put conditions on it. They will not play on CU's home court anymore. They will only play at nu or at the CenturyLink. If they play at the CenturyLink they want half of the gate. When they play in Lincoln they want the whole gate. CU agreed to play and give half the gate to nu. Like nu needs the money.
Back in the days nu was almost respectable in basketball, they dictated all conditions should they agree to play CU. CU would offer dates and times and nu would turn them all down. They would only agree to dates and times that limited Omaha fans and students from attending. Like Sunday afternoons, or when the students were gone or during finals week. They would only schedule from a power position.
Both baseball teams suck so who cares.

So basically for years nu was a huge prick in regards to how it treated Creighton. They did everything it could to avoid playing Creighton and if they lowered themselves to playing them they wanted to be paid more and when they felt like it.

I personally hate playing them in any sport. So 1620 I am fine with dropping baseball and volleyball too.

I’m not privy to any of the past history in regards to scheduling so I will take your word for it. I care about baseball...I enjoy the series. And quite frankly I think the players do as well. As for volleyball...a lot of Jays fans seem to care considering there was some angst in regards to Cook not scheduling Creighton this year. Also, he could be incorrect but Jacob Padilla tweeted that it was Booth’s decision to play at Century Link rather than Sokol.
1620Jay

Postby blueblood » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Think about that Booth thing.

Choice #1 Play on campus in front of a 99% CU crowd on the court you practice across the street from your players dorm.

Choice #2 Play in front of 15 thousand Scott Frost Jerseys and give the proceeds from all that to nu

It was the only way nu would play. Ya she said yes but it was it was either that or Cook walked. I am not making the basketball scheduling stuff up, they were real pricks. Especially Nee.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby CU Final Four » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:31 am

All of this baseball and volleyball crap stops with Uncle Moos now at UNL. Moos knows the score and the score is money and fan excitement.

The baseball series generates a ton of money for both schools. But it could generate way more. Volleyball will be the next big money maker for both schools.

Ras and Moos will become great friends. We have had the best AD in the state for years, but the new guy in Lincoln is very good. And he hires Jake from UNI in March. Ben sends Ras a big thank you gift.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic