Tim Miles separation watch

Return to Off Topic

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby LJay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm

T-bone wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:
And, I would point out, that this mindset is what countless Jay fans criticized Kansas and other top programs for back when we were in the Valley. Do you really want to deal with Husker fans saying CU is scared to face them, like Creighton fans said about Kansas?


I agree with Hunter and this is exactly what I want them saying. It would put them in their rightful place. :D


This series has run it’s course. Neither team needs it and can get any number of solid series started. This isn’t a diss of UNL as much as it is seeing the same OOC teams over and over. I want to see some schools we rarely see.

If we get an 11th program and play 20 game conference schedules like it seems big conferences are leaning we suddenly have 6 non-con games and one 4 counting as 1 tournament each year. Mac likes to play plenty of cupcakes so where does that leave us?
75 - 65
User avatar
LJay
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:49 am

 

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby Durango Jay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 pm

A home and home with basically any other big 12 or big 10 team would be preferable. Nebrasketball is trying “The Process” on a collegiate level. Nowhere to go but up.
User avatar
Durango Jay
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 am
Location: 7326' above MSL

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 pm

I agree with vivid. Again. Something is wrong.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
User avatar
CU Final Four
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 am

I remember Collier and Sadler calling for an end of the series because it "didn't do anything for them." Let's not be like them.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
User avatar
AttyAlum
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:02 am

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:47 am

AttyAlum wrote:I remember Collier and Sadler calling for an end of the series because it "didn't do anything for them." Let's not be like them.

+1

CU Final Four wrote:I agree with vivid. Again. Something is wrong.

I changed my mind. Cancel the series.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby bigredtank » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 am

The series is such a natural rivalry it should always happen. It creates excitement, worry, and pride when your team wins. It is fun to rib your friends for a whole year about winning.
User avatar
bigredtank
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:02 am

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby NUgradCUfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:59 am

My office is literally all Nebraska basketball fans who despise Creighton and will always assume the Big East is a mid major and Creighton is irrelevant, no matter how bad their team actually is. I'd be extremely disappointed if it ended, even if Nebraska seems to somehow turn into a dumpster fire every year. I love this series and the trash talking it brings with it.
User avatar
NUgradCUfan
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:50 am

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby Hunter » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 am

bigredtank wrote:The series is such a natural rivalry it should always happen. It creates excitement, worry, and pride when your team wins. It is fun to rib your friends for a whole year about winning.


This is exactly my point. If this is the justification we are holding on to continue the series, then it has run its course. I am looking at it purely from a SOS standpoint. Beating the 13th best team in the Big 10 doesn't do anything for us. If we lose, it's a "bad loss." The goal should be to setup a schedule in the most strategic way you can to create the best NCAA tournament resume possible. Outside of the above, the game just doesn't move the needle for me. I suppose maybe I'm in the minority but I just don't care about Nebraska one way or the other. The amount of friends and co-workers I have that actually care enough about Nebraska basketball enough to rib me after an upset is few and far between. The only thing close to any satisfaction I get any more after an NU victory is seeing Dirk act like the game didn't happen on his Twitter feed or Mad Chatter. I'd much rather see us pursue different non-conference opponents like a KU at the Sprint Center or an annual series with Wichita. If we're going to play the geographic proximity card, why don't we schedule UNO? They're less than 5 miles away from campus and now Division 1.
Hunter
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 am

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby 1620Jay » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 am

Hunter wrote:
bigredtank wrote:The series is such a natural rivalry it should always happen. It creates excitement, worry, and pride when your team wins. It is fun to rib your friends for a whole year about winning.


This is exactly my point. If this is the justification we are holding on to continue the series, then it has run its course. I am looking at it purely from a SOS standpoint. Beating the 13th best team in the Big 10 doesn't do anything for us. If we lose, it's a "bad loss." The goal should be to setup a schedule in the most strategic way you can to create the best NCAA tournament resume possible. Outside of the above, the game just doesn't move the needle for me. I suppose maybe I'm in the minority but I just don't care about Nebraska one way or the other. The amount of friends and co-workers I have that actually care enough about Nebraska basketball enough to rib me after an upset is few and far between. The only thing close to any satisfaction I get any more after an NU victory is seeing Dirk act like the game didn't happen on his Twitter feed or Mad Chatter. I'd much rather see us pursue different non-conference opponents like a KU at the Sprint Center or an annual series with Wichita. If we're going to play the geographic proximity card, why don't we schedule UNO? They're less than 5 miles away from campus and now Division 1.

I could do without the series every single year but I don’t think you just stop. Maybe two years on two years off? If Creighton pulls the plug due to “lack of SOS” I’d imagine you will see the baseball series go bye bye and Cook not thinking twice about scheduling volleyball. Every year Cook doesn’t schedule Creighton there is a lot of whining about how he is “scared.” I would guess you will hear the same from Nebrasketball fans despite the one sided dominance it has been. I don’t think there has been any rumors stopping the series but I’d much prefer it remains.
1620Jay
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby LynchMob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:01 pm

The series is fine but I also fully support Creighton pulling the plug whenever it screws Nebraska the most. They would (and have) done the same to us.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob
 
Posts: 1951
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests