Help from gamers

Return to Off Topic

Help from gamers

Postby blueblood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Read some articles about staying on top of your game so I just bought an Xbox. As a 50+ dude what are suggestions for what games I should get?
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Re: Help from gamers

Postby GI Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

See now I would have highly recommended a PS4 over an Xbox. I have a Xbox360, and Xbox One, and recently got a PS4 (I was always a PS2 guy for a long time). I got so pissed at my XBOne that I broke down and went back to PS. It does everything so much better in my opinion of having spent so much time on both. Only reason one could say they prefer Xbox is because they are a Halo person. Otherwise... meh.

Other than that, depends on the type of games you want to play. Me, I like single player adventure games, which I would recommend you wait for Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out, or even buy Red Dead Redemption game that is backwards compatible. If you are a Lord of the Rings kinda person, the Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War games are cool. I'd say the first is better (Mordor).

A lot of the Call of Duty and shooter games are based heavily on multiplayer, and me as a 30 year old absolutely hates playing against young kids that don't have jobs that play constantly own you while talking trash. No thanks.

After awhile, sports games get rather dull. Very repetitive.

EDIT - Forgot to add that another LONG game that I really enjoyed the more I played it was The Witcher 3. Slow burn at first, then when you start to get involved in a bunch of storylines it really picks up.
GI Jay

Postby BoarCommaThe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 pm

blueblood wrote:Read some articles about staying on top of your game so I just bought an Xbox. As a 50+ dude what are suggestions for what games I should get?

Your wife will allow this?
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby taa71458 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:02 pm

You can get lost in Grand Theft Auto V for years
taa71458

Postby blueblood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm

BoarCommaThe wrote:
blueblood wrote:Read some articles about staying on top of your game so I just bought an Xbox. As a 50+ dude what are suggestions for what games I should get?

Your wife will allow this?

I am the master of my domain. Maybe that's why I have the time to do video games.
blueblood

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:49 am

Depends on what kind of stuff you’re into. Mafia III is a game that I recently played that I thought was pretty good and really interesting. If you’re into world building and large open worlds and dinosaurs, you could try Ark.
ZMagic30

Postby NUgradCUfan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:00 am

Throw in NCAA 14. Bring a crap team to dominance in dynasty mode (North Texas for me). And hope for brighter days when the NCAA Football franchise will return.
NUgradCUfan

Postby Panhandle Jay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 am

Grand Theft Auto
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 20
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby SendDustyIn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 am

All Hail PC Master Race.

I just bought Rocket League during the last Steam sale, but you can play it on Xbox. Solid game if you don't have a ton of free time.
SendDustyIn

Postby blueblood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:53 am

I am looking for a game that requires me to make my right and left hand move independent of each other. It is very easy for a 15 year old but not for older folks. As an example, I have played Tiger Woods golf and you can basically do it with one hand. Its fun but I don't think it helps w hand eye coordination. There are games where you walk and shoot at the same time that become more difficult as we age that I am interested in. I am not into zombies though. Grand Theft auto sounds like the one I will go for but I am going to do the sports ones too and there are some WWII ones that look cool.
blueblood

Next

Return to Off Topic