Visits

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Visits

Postby fritzpointer » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:24 am

With the July evaluations coming to an end visits can start Aug. 1. Who will the Jays get to take officials? Will we get a visit from Tugs ? Others on the list maybe Kimani Lawrence, Makhtar Gueye or Isaiah Livers. I hope we can finish strong. Go Jays!!!
fritzpointer

Re: Visits

Postby fritzpointer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:10 pm

CU made Jordan Goodwin's top 7. 6'3" G from Ill.
fritzpointer

Postby Durango Jay » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:56 pm

I hope we get a visit from Jordan. The video here http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2016/7/26/12288806/jordan-goodwin-illinois-fighting-illini-basketball-recruiting-news-missouri-northwestern shows he likes to drive from the top, passes creatively, likes to dunk, and is not afraid to shoot the three or go among the trees for the rebound.
Durango Jay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

I think we have enough guards, i would be surprised if we are still recruiting him but who knows...
Jet915

Postby BoarCommaThe » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:02 am

Jet915 wrote:I think we have enough guards, i would be surprised if we are still recruiting him but who knows...

We are very much in the mix for Jordan. Never can enough talent on your team.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:13 am

Jet915 wrote:I think we have enough guards, i would be surprised if we are still recruiting him but who knows...

I couldn't disagree with you more. This would be a huge pick up. We have to keep filling our roster with as much talent as possible or else we won't keep up with the rest of the Big East.
Creigh_All_Day

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:23 am

Creigh_All_Day wrote:

I couldn't disagree with you more. This would be a huge pick up. We have to keep filling our roster with as much talent as possible or else we won't keep up with the rest of the Big East.

I get that but what kind of message does that send Alexander and Ballock. Also, we have plenty of guards, we need PF and Center.
Jet915

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:28 am

seems like the prudent thing to do until both have actually signed LOIs, no?
cujaysfan

Postby JaysLifer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:34 am

Jet915 wrote:
Creigh_All_Day wrote:

I get that but what kind of message does that send Alexander and Ballock. Also, we have plenty of guards, we need PF and Center.

It sends the message that they're going to have to work to get what they deserve; that the staff is all in to load the roster with as much talent as they can and players are going to have to earn their playing time. I don't see how that's a bad message to send. It seems to work for the blue bloods who bring in gobs of talent at every position every year.

If a kid can't withstand the competition from teammates, he's going to have a tough time competing against guys playing on national title contenders. And if he decommits because he's worried he can't keep up, maybe we're better off without him.
JaysLifer

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:30 pm

I think the staff is putting together a roster of players who can all shoot and get to the rim. It should be fun to watch. As for the two committed guards I'll bet they love the talent that the staff is bringing in. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Next

Return to Recruiting