Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Jet915 wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:I could appreciate one Big12 H&H (state of Ok or Kansas or Iowa), an H&H w B1G (either Iowa, UMinn, or NW'ern), or w Mizzou or Ark of the SEC.

Should the staff decide to play a Valley team, SIU would be my 1st choice. If they Jays play out West make it a 2?game trip and add San Diego St or my favs...Fresno St as part of the road trip (I miss Fresno St).

Fresno State? If anything, that would be a buy game....

Merely tossing out examples of San Diego St or Fresno St... as getting 2 PAC-12 teams on a road swing would be difficult.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby JayPak » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am

Need to think about regional recruiting hotbeds, which would be an argument for Illinois, an improved Northwestern, Colorado, a Texas team, Kansas State (played in KC), or Minnesota. (Minnesota might not be a huge MBB recruiting area for the Jays but it's huge for WBB and VB recruiting.)
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby section202jay » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:57 am

Doesn't Sioux Falls do an annual neutral court game? We could play Minnesota, Iowa or Iowa State there.

The first Valley team I would want to play would be SIU as well. But it'd have to be in Omaha or maybe two here and one in Carbondale. I just have a certain nostalgia for a game with them.

As far as straight up home/home series I would like to see us continue with Pac12 or Big12. They're a change of pace to some of the teams we see on a frequent basis. Colorado, Utah, Texas, USC, etc. Boulder or Utah would be good road trip destinations.
section202jay

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

CA and TX should be at the top of home and home scheduling.

Be nice to get a pipeline w clint parks - and we've been recruiting TX hard - plus - lots of options for decent teams in both
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:44 pm

I think it is time Altman schedules us for a series. I think any hard feelings from his abrupt departure have long since dissipated, especially when one considers that without his departure, we have no Doug and may not have been invited to the Big East. I was pretty upset with the way he left, but I have moved on and now can see even honoring him before a Creighton/Oregon game like we did with the Suttons earlier this year. He is obviously a some day member of our Hall of Fame - why not try to get a series out of him?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:14 pm

a DA HOF induction game might be fun (he would probably hate it).

but gotta imagine that a lot of the old great players from his era would come back for that.

nostalgia city
cujaysfan

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

AttyAlum wrote:I think it is time Altman schedules us for a series. I think any hard feelings from his abrupt departure have long since dissipated, especially when one considers that without his departure, we have no Doug and may not have been invited to the Big East. I was pretty upset with the way he left, but I have moved on and now can see even honoring him before a Creighton/Oregon game like we did with the Suttons earlier this year. He is obviously a some day member of our Hall of Fame - why not try to get a series out of him?

great idea but my guess is he wouldn't be interested.
Jet915

Postby bluejaydano » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Golly gee. Cmon fellas. I would love to come back.
bluejaydano

Postby Old MVC Days » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Ohhhh I don't know T.Scott.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby JayPak » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:52 pm

What's T. Scott up to? You think he'd be loving this season.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops