2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)

Postby JayPak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Is Mitch going to get to get PT next year?
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby westojay » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:18 pm

JayPak wrote:Is Mitch going to get to get PT next year?

Would not be surprised if he makes a strong push to start at Point
westojay

Postby ZMagic30 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:12 pm

westojay wrote:
JayPak wrote:Is Mitch going to get to get PT next year?

Would not be surprised if he makes a strong push to start at Point

Uhhh... What? Is this a joke?
ZMagic30

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Mitch is a very good ball-handler and passer, but I still think he's a playmaking SG, not a PG.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 pm

ridiculous level of offensive skill for someone who's still in high school
Jaysker12

Postby Eye of the Jay » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Will be nice to have him and Ty-shon start their Jays careers as backups to Marcus and Khyri who can teach them invaluable lessons. 10-deeps should look like:
Kaleb/Davion
Khyri/Ty-shon
Marcus/Mitch
Toby/Ronnie
JP(Please!!) or Martin/Martin or ?
Frontcourt is going to go from one of depth to one of mystery especially if Justin leaves. Haven't heard much on the Junior College big man front or how our new transfer is doing in practice.

Either way, our backcourt should be very solid next year and the perfect environment for this kid to shine.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Will be nice to have him and Ty-shon start their Jays careers as backups to Marcus and Khyri who can teach them invaluable lessons. 10-deeps should look like:
Kaleb/Davion
Khyri/Ty-shon
Marcus/Mitch
Toby/Ronnie
Frontcourt is going to go from one of depth to one of mystery especially if Justin leaves. Haven't heard much on the Junior College big man front or how our new transfer is doing in practice.

Either way, our backcourt should be very solid next year and the perfect environment for this kid to shine.

This looks about right but in a PERFECT world, I'd really love to see.....

Mintz/Joseph
Foster/Alexander
Thomas/Ballock/Paras
Bowen/Harrell/Krampelj
Patton/Hegner/Epperson
Jet915

Postby drbluejay » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 am

Jet915 wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Will be nice to have him and Ty-shon start their Jays careers as backups to Marcus and Khyri who can teach them invaluable lessons. 10-deeps should look like:
Kaleb/Davion
Khyri/Ty-shon
Marcus/Mitch
Toby/Ronnie

This looks about right but in a PERFECT world, I'd really love to see.....

Mintz/Joseph
Foster/Alexander
Thomas/Ballock/Paras
Bowen/Harrell/Krampelj
Patton/Hegner/Epperson

Joseph is going to start over Mintz or we will have another hard time next year with our PG's. Mintz was a low 3* guy while Joseph was a high 4* if my memory serves me. Joseph started as a freshman at Syracuse while Mintz is a long way from being a great PG. Go Joseph, as we have already seen what Mintz can do. I'm always in favor of the new guys beating out the regulars from the previous year. That is why I root for Mintz to beat out Clement and Z, even though Z has been one of my favorites since I saw him in the national high school 3 pt contest.
drbluejay

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 am

drbluejay wrote:Joseph is going to start over Mintz or we will have another hard time next year with our PG's. Mintz was a low 3* guy while Joseph was a high 4* if my memory serves me. Joseph started as a freshman at Syracuse while Mintz is a long way from being a great PG. Go Joseph, as we have already seen what Mintz can do. I'm always in favor of the new guys beating out the regulars from the previous year. That is why I root for Mintz to beat out Clement and Z, even though Z has been one of my favorites since I saw him in the national high school 3 pt contest.

why post anything negative about mintz at all?
Jaysker12

Postby Jet915 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:22 am

Joseph in his first two seasons has not shot the ball well at all. Hopefully he has worked on his shooting this year but a PG who can't shoot wont work too well in Mac'system. Mintz has a nice stroke and if we get normal progression from freshman to sophomore year, i think he will be very good.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting