2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 am

Jet915 wrote:Joseph in his first two seasons has not shot the ball well at all. Hopefully he has worked on his shooting this year but a PG who can't shoot wont work too well in Mac'system. Mintz has a nice stroke and if we get normal progression from freshman to sophomore year, i think he will be very good.

Agreed. There's a lot to like about Mintz's game...good athleticism and size and nice looking shot to keep teams honest.

Mintz has been fine thus far...some freshman mistakes, but it looks to me like he's steadily growing into the role. Put an off-season and another preseason practice set behind him along with Mac tweaking the offense to fit his (not Mo's) skill set and I believe he'll be a darn fine point guard.

More importantly, there is plenty of talent and experience around him that he doesn't have to be Mo, just has to be efficient getting into sets and pushing the pace.

Peace
Ethanfor3

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:58 pm

drbluejay wrote:
Joseph is going to start over Mintz or we will have another hard time next year with our PG's. Mintz was a low 3* guy while Joseph was a high 4* if my memory serves me. Joseph started as a freshman at Syracuse while Mintz is a long way from being a great PG. Go Joseph, as we have already seen what Mintz can do. I'm always in favor of the new guys beating out the regulars from the previous year. That is why I root for Mintz to beat out Clement and Z, even though Z has been one of my favorites since I saw him in the national high school 3 pt contest.

All of this is your speculation drbjay. It serves no purpose to criticise players, especially frosh. Your "star rationale" is "well proven" isn't it. I recall that Buford, Korver, Funk, Tolliver, Wragge, McDermott all fell into the low 3-star category. And they were all "a long way from being great" but wound up as all-time Jays. That recruiting rating number is a guestimate, not necessarily a guarantee. Joseph will have to earn his time, will have to beat out Davion for minutes. It should be great competition for both of them.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bluejaydano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Is this still the Ballock thread?
bluejaydano

Postby GoKobe » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Will be nice to have him and Ty-shon start their Jays careers as backups to Marcus and Khyri who can teach them invaluable lessons. 10-deeps should look like:
Kaleb/Davion
Khyri/Ty-shon
Marcus/Mitch
Toby/Ronnie
JP(Please!!) or Martin/Martin or ?
Frontcourt is going to go from one of depth to one of mystery especially if Justin leaves. Haven't heard much on the Junior College big man front or how our new transfer is doing in practice.

Either way, our backcourt should be very solid next year and the perfect environment for this kid to shine.

This looks about right but in a PERFECT world, I'd really love to see.....

Mintz/Joseph
Foster/Alexander
Thomas/Ballock/Paras
Bowen/Harrell/Krampelj
Patton/Hegner/Epperson

Granted Foster and Patton leave for NBA...

Here's my lineup for next year: (kind of bias)

Mintz / Joseph
Thomas / Ballock
Kobe / Alexander
Harrell / Krampelj
Epperson / Hegner
GoKobe

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am

Foster isn't leaving.
HandDownManDown

Postby jaysbanker » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm

GoKobe wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Will be nice to have him and Ty-shon start their Jays careers as backups to Marcus and Khyri who can teach them invaluable lessons. 10-deeps should look like:
Kaleb/Davion
Khyri/Ty-shon
Marcus/Mitch
Toby/Ronnie
JP(Please!!) or Martin/Martin or ?
Frontcourt is going to go from one of depth to one of mystery especially if Justin leaves. Haven't heard much on the Junior College big man front or how our new transfer is doing in practice.

Either way, our backcourt should be very solid next year and the perfect environment for this kid to shine.

This looks about right but in a PERFECT world, I'd really love to see.....

Mintz/Joseph
Foster/Alexander
Thomas/Ballock/Paras
Bowen/Harrell/Krampelj
Patton/Hegner/Epperson

Granted Foster and Patton leave for NBA...

Here's my lineup for next year: (kind of bias)

Mintz / Joseph
Thomas / Ballock
Kobe / Alexander
Harrell / Krampelj
Epperson / Hegner

Flip Joseph and Mintz...
jaysbanker

Postby GoKobe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:16 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Foster isn't leaving.

If that's the case, Kobe's playing time will either be 2-5 mpg or a bunch of DNPs again? lol
GoKobe

Postby GoKobe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Flip Joseph and Mintz...

That's possible since Joseph has more experience than Mintz.
How do you see Kobe Paras going in for next year if Foster comes back? lol
GoKobe

Postby D Jay Fan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Pick another thread for this discussion.
D Jay Fan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Christ. Can't people stop replying to this guy.
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting