2015 F Ed Morrow (Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Ed Morrow (Nebraska Verbal Commit)

Postby jfan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:18 am

Apparently bbfan thinks that you declare victory even before the fall signing period occurs, let alone the spring. Where was this guy last year when Creighton finished with a far superior class?
jfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:51 pm

jfan wrote:Apparently bbfan thinks that you declare victory even before the fall signing period occurs, let alone the spring. Where was this guy last year when Creighton finished with a far superior class?

Yep, and you shouldn't look at one class in isolation because of the impact is has on the following class in terms of potential playing time. I like rankings in general, but look more to the competing offers for both recruits and transfers. Over two years:

Nebraska:
2013:
Center; 3-stars/unranked; Hammond; offers from TCU, Texas Tech, (was an Oklahoma decommit)
PG; 3-stars/unranked; Smith; offers from Bucknell, Buffalo, Detroit (was getting some late interest from bigger schools looking for a PG, much as Nebraska was.. Note that NU had a 4-star PG from the previous class, but was unimpressive in his play as a frosh)
Center; Senior Transfer; Ayegba; interest for transfer from Indiana, Boston College, Miami, Long Beach State'
2014:
PF: 3 stars/unranked; Jacobsen; Offers from Iowa State, Drake, Indiana State, Northern Iowa
PF: 4 Stars/103; Morrow; Offers from Creighton, Iowa, Cal, Okie State, Iowa State, Arkansas
PG: 4 Stars/83; Watson; Offers from Creighton, Iowa, Maryland, Purdue

Creighton:
2013:
SF/PF: 3 stars/134: Gilmore; Offers from Nebraska, Oklahoma, UNLV, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU
SG/SF: 4 Stars/84: Harrell: Offers from Kansas State, Purdue, Arizona State,

PG: Transfer: Watson: Interest from Illinois, Wichita State, UConn, Kansas, Vanderbilt, Temple, Purdue, Penn State, Xavier
SF/PF: Transfer: Huff: Iowa, Michigan, Dayton, USC and UCLA 
SF/PF: Senior Transfer: Kreklow; Interest from Butler, Nebraska, Missouri

2014:
Center: 4 Stars/#47: Patton; Offered and committed before summer AAU launched him into top 50 on most boards
PG/SG: 3 Stars/unranked: Stewart; Offers from Toledo, Bradley, interest heated up after recovering from injury (Bossi of rivals thinks he could end up in top 150)

what to make of all this? 6 players for Nebraska, 7 for Creighton over 2 years. Obviously both programs are recruiting pretty well especially when you look at the rankings, but I think there is a difference in the quality of the competing offers. They didn't compete a lot for the same players, but the rosters seem to have had an impact on the results there. Gilmore likely knew that Pettaway was on the NU roster, while it's obvious Morrow and Watson knew about the Creighton transfers when they decided, although Morrow had big connections to NU so it was likely he was going there already.

Creighton definitely seems to pick out and find guys as their stars are rising as with Harrell, Patton and Stewart in particular. Nor can someone overstate the quality of the Creighton transfers -- when you compete and win for guys against teams like Illinois, Wichita State, UConn, Kansas, Vanderbilt, Temple, Purdue, Penn State, Xavier, Iowa, Michigan, Dayton, USC, UCLA, Butler, and Missouri you can be pretty sure you're swimming in the right pool to win basketball games.

I think it's nice Nebraska is recruiting better, but when faced with these two pools of players, I choose the Creighton list 10 out of 10 times.
Chicagojayfan

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:04 pm

jfan wrote:Where was this guy last year when Creighton finished with a far superior class?

Like most Husker hoop fans, he's been a diehard since February, 2014!
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby LJay » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Stop feeding the trolls.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby jfan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:51 pm

LJay wrote:Stop feeding the trolls.

But they're hungry and making loud drunken noises.
jfan

Postby bballfan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 am

AttyAlum wrote:
jfan wrote:Where was this guy last year when Creighton finished with a far superior class?

Like most Husker hoop fans, he's been a diehard since February, 2014!

Haha try late 80s.
bballfan

Postby bballfan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:43 am

And I guarantee Watson and Morrow didn't give a damn about CU's transfers when deciding.
bballfan

Postby HandDownManDown » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 am

A 3am troll.

That's dedication right there.
HandDownManDown

Postby Jays26 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:16 am

Morrow had no choice but to go to Lincoln. He will regret his parents for the rest of his life because of it.
Jays26

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 am

Unlocking this topic after three years in hibernation because Morrow has announced he will transfer from Nebraska. It was overrun by Husker trolls originally which led to the lockdown and several bannings; hopefully that doesn't happen again.
WBR Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting