2017 C Jacob Epperson (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 C Jacob Epperson (Commit)

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Jacob had a good game today. One thing for sure is the Lakers are better when he's on the floor. Can't wait for signing day. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby drbluejay » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks jayball, I'm glad someone sees the BIT of depth I was talking about if Patton stays.
I'm more concerned w/ PG play if Patton returns.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:41 am

Epperson has looked very good the last 2 games w/ his shot blocking and overall movement on the floor. He could end up a good one for the Jays. Like the announcer said on ESPN, he needs to add 20 to 40 lbs for the BEast.
drbluejay

Postby Realhoops » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:43 am

drbluejay wrote:Thanks jayball, I'm glad someone sees the BIT of depth I was talking about if Patton stays.

This is an April Fools' post, right?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Jays26 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:08 am

Realhoops wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Thanks jayball, I'm glad someone sees the BIT of depth I was talking about if Patton stays.

This is an April Fools' post, right?

No, it's the Dr posting so it's no joke.
Jays26

Postby Jet915 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Didn't see game but apparently a couple nice dunks today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWzqiYDB_T/
Jet915

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:43 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
Realhoops wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Epperson had a nice game yesterday.
I like what I see but I'm hoping Patton stays and Epperson redshirts to put on some weight. We have a bit of depth behind Patton w/ veteran players and redshirting gives Epperson the best chance to add that weight just like Patton did. If Patton leaves, Epperson might have to be thrown into the fire a bit soon.

We have depth behind Patton?

I'm very interested in hearing drbluejay defend this statement. Because my opinion, which is shaped by watching basketball, is that frontcourt depth is the biggest issue Creighton has for 2017-2018...even if Patton comes back. Without Patton, it's a glaring, borderline insurmountable weakness.

Little dramatic and harsh don't you think? Like, why bother to lace 'em up... Unless, of course, your only accepted idea to overcome something "insurmountable" is to win the NCAA tourney, then, ok, I guess you have a point.
BostonBlueJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:19 pm

excited to get this kid into the program. Looks like a great fit for us as he's a smooth athlete with length, good hands and nice touch. He'll need to build up some strength, but it's easier to add some bulk to a guy like that than it is to teach them to have good hands and touch!
Chicagojayfan

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 am

Without Patton, it's a glaring, borderline insurmountable weakness.

Little dramatic and harsh don't you think? Like, why bother to lace 'em up... Unless, of course, your only accepted idea to overcome something "insurmountable" is to win the NCAA tourney, then, ok, I guess you have a point.

Yeah...it was a little dramatic without much context. My opinion is that our lack of frontcourt depth probably doesn't get us out of the first weekend of the tournament (again). I acknowledge that this is premature opinion (message boards, right?), given we don't know how the roster will take shape - but I don't like the idea of Hegner and Krampelj being our primary rebounders and interior defenders. I already have recurring nightmares of every CU game being the last 15 seconds of the North Carolina/Oregon game, with our opponent getting every meaningful rebound and with our fan base and coaches dropping dead of aneurysms.

I may have gone the dramatic route again...
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting