2017 PG Tremont Waters (LSU Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Tremont Waters

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:03 pm

The coaches are killing it. Hope the loophole they think they found works...waters joining The Jays and our 2 PGs would be a steal. 3 PGs are better than 2, given our history of PG injuries (McKinney, Dotzler, Watson, etc.).

As for gaining a transfer Big - this is gonna get interesting, since Tugs is probably coming aboard too.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby JaysWinJaysWin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:48 pm

The link on page 1 on this board from hoyahooligan references the Big East Intraconference Transfer Policy as follows:

"Special Notes
1. A student-athlete who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with a BIG EAST institution is subject to the above-mentioned transfer policy for the sport in which they signed the NLI.
2. A student-athlete who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with a BIG EAST institution, and is subsequently granted a complete release to said NLI or is granted a release by the NLI Steering Committee, is subject to the above-mentioned transfer policy for the sport in which they signed the NLI.
3. A student-athlete who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with a BIG EAST institution that is subsequently declared null and void (as set forth in Section 7 of the NLI), is not subject to the above-mentioned transfer policy as long as said student-athlete did not trigger transfer status (as defined by NCAA bylaws) prior to the NLI being declared null and void.
4. As noted in each section, the above-mentioned policy is applicable to all student-athletes who have ever enrolled full-time at a BIG EAST institution (e.g., four-two-four transfers, four-four-four transfers)."

The link on page two of this board refers to the Butler University Student-Athlete Code of Conduct. It cites the foregoing. It also says:

"Standards of Conduct apply when student-athletes initially enroll as a full time student or when they begin official practice at Butler University—whichever occurs first. If you participate in intercollegiate athletics at Butler University, you agree to the following:
2) You shall follow NCAA, Big East..., University, Athletic Department and your individual team’s policies, rules and regulations"

According to the NCAA Division I manual:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D117.pdf

"12.01.3 “Individual” vs. “Student-Athlete.” NCAA amateur status may be lost as a result of activities prior to enrollment in college. If NCAA rules specify that an “individual” may or may not participate in certain activities, this term refers to a person prior to and after enrollment in a member institution. If NCAA rules specify a “student-athlete,” the legislation applies only to that person’s activities after enrollment."

There seems to be an indication that a student-athlete is an individual who enrolls.
JaysWinJaysWin

Postby jfan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Crystal ball tonight for Western Kentucky. Seems out of the blue.
jfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 pm

mredle wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:My guess is Jaysker's point is that with other CLEAR needs, recruiting another PG when he have three enrolled for next year, isn't the biggest vote of confidence.

In mredle's scenario, if you have 10 hot girls invited to the party but have no entertainment or food for said party, do you invite two additional hotties or get Jay Z to perform, with Wolfgang Puck to cater? Those two hotties, among the many other hotties already RSVP'd, get the boot. Seems smarter, unless you really didn't find those 10 girls all that hot. Of course, if the only options for entertainment and food are Nickelback and Arby's, maybe you create your own entertainment and don't have food, so those other two hotties can make it. Or maybe awful rock music and Big Montanas are better than nothing given that a party NEEDS entertainment/food, even if substandard, instead of two hotties added to the other hotties you already have.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

You're single aren't you Vivid! I wonder why?

Nice. You're insufferable. You know that, don't you?
Wizard of Westroads

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Could we get buck on subject please. There is off topic for those of you who don't care about recruiting.
fritzpointer

Postby Jet915 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Have to think that we are in the clear to recruit him if Mac is retweeting stuff about Tremont Waters.
Jet915

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:08 pm

section221jay wrote:
I think it's fair to say they may not be high on Mintz at PG

care to elaborate here section221? I don't mean to put you on the spot, just curious if you have any specific info
Jaysker12

Postby section221jay » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
section221jay wrote:

care to elaborate here section221? I don't mean to put you on the spot, just curious if you have any specific info

I probably should have said "fair to speculate" instead of "fair to say".

Just guessing that since the preferred route would have been to basically turn over the keys to DM...the fact that they never did and the fact that they are pursuing a true PG leads me to wonder how confident they are in him.
section221jay

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:32 pm

When you have a shot at getting some one as good as Tremont you go for it. He's that good. It is't a negative on who you have. Hope we can land Tremont. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby mredle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:59 pm

section221jay wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:
section221jay wrote:

I probably should have said "fair to speculate" instead of "fair to say".

Just guessing that since the preferred route would have been to basically turn over the keys to DM...the fact that they never did and the fact that they are pursuing a true PG leads me to wonder how confident they are in him.

See my earlier analogy, one, its spot on and two it will piss people off. In addition, it is nice to have 3 players at that position. See Mo Watson post injury.
mredle

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting