Transfers 2017

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfers 2017

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 am

fritzpointer wrote:Brady Ernst has reopened his recruitment. Would have 3 year to play. I know we watch him a lot in high school.

Looks like a big bodied center we could use.
Jet915

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:46 am

While reading up on Brady, came across this Pulitzer Prize winning piece.

Brady Ernst, a 6-8 power forward from Indian Hills CC re-opened his recruitment at around 6pm tonight. In this season at IHCC he averaged 9.4/6.5/0.4 on .637/.000/.726 shooting. The 6’10”, 230-pound post would have had three years of eligibility remaining when he got to Xavier, but now will take that elsewhere.
TrueBlueJay

Postby CURx » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:01 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:While reading up on Brady, came across this Pulitzer Prize winning piece.

Brady Ernst, a 6-8 power forward from Indian Hills CC re-opened his recruitment at around 6pm tonight. In this season at IHCC he averaged 9.4/6.5/0.4 on .637/.000/.726 shooting. The 6’10”, 230-pound post would have had three years of eligibility remaining when he got to Xavier, but now will take that elsewhere.

Wait! Did the Germans just bomb Pearl Harbor?
CURx

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 am

Jarreau and Gresham hit the market last night. I think these are two players Creighton was hoping would be available and a pair that they will for sure go after. They've been a duo since high school. It will be interesting to see if they stick together during this move. Jays liked both but scholarship crunch could be an issue. 2 spots are likely reserved for Donnal (or a big) and top freshman available (Bowen or Waters). If Jays strike out on one or both I believe Jarreau and Gresham are their top targets, especially since Murphy's role is more pronounced on Hilltop.
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am

hilltopalum wrote:Jarreau and Gresham hit the market last night. I think these are two players Creighton was hoping would be available and a pair that they will for sure go after. They've been a duo since high school. It will be interesting to see if they stick together during this move. Jays liked both but scholarship crunch could be an issue. 2 spots are likely reserved for Donnal (or a big) and top freshman available (Bowen or Waters). If Jays strike out on one or both I believe Jarreau and Gresham are their top targets, especially since Murphy's role is more pronounced on Hilltop.

All that sounds great, but the longer Tug's takes, the more it'll suck if he doesn't choose us. There are a lot of nice transfers out there, like Jarreau and Gresham.
bluejayfan00

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:All that sounds great, but the longer Tug's takes, the more it'll suck if he doesn't choose us. There are a lot of nice transfers out there, like Jarreau and Gresham.

sounds to me the like the Jays have good options then. Always want your program to be a buyer at this time and not the seller.
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am

hilltopalum wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:All that sounds great, but the longer Tug's takes, the more it'll suck if he doesn't choose us. There are a lot of nice transfers out there, like Jarreau and Gresham.

sounds to me the like the Jays have good options then. Always want your program to be a buyer at this time and not the seller.

What I'm saying is, I hope that all of our other targets don't look elsewhere because we don't have a Tugs decision yet.
bluejayfan00

Postby #RollJays » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:37 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:

What I'm saying is, I hope that all of our other targets don't look elsewhere because we don't have a Tugs decision yet.

We have room for Tugs no matter what.
#RollJays

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:

Tugs deciding between MSU, Arizona and Creighton makes Creighton look all that more appealing. I don't think Tugs' recruitment will drive away top players.
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

I agree with that. Point is, longer Tugs takes to decide, less time we have to go after other guys, more time for other schools to build relationships.
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting