2017 F Deontae 'Teddy' Hawkins (Grad Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 F Deontae 'Teddy' Hawkins (Grad Transfer)

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm

#RollJays wrote:How does this kid still have more eligibility? He's gotta be like 25 years old.

Deontae committed to Wichita State in 2011. Anthony Davis was a McDonald's All American that same year, and since then, won the Naismith trophy and is a 5-year NBA veteran. CRAZY!
vivid_dude

Postby LJay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm

You would think he'd be sick of college and looking for an overseas contract.

Lots of baggage plus how can he be a graduate transfer if he hasn't graduated?

Pass.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Venturajay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 pm

He is 6 8, can shoot the three 44 percent, hit free throws, and grab rebounds. He would be a major contributor, probably start, and a difference maker in an area of need. It would not surprise me if Mac is making him a priority.
Venturajay

Postby Jet915 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:08 pm

This kid would definitively boost our front court and might be the difference between NIT and NCAA but chemistry is an issue. He would be a grad transfer assuming he graduates this summer so you could cut bait easily if there are issues. Tough call.
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 am

DUIs are serious business for sure, as is the risk a drunk driver places upon society. However, I don't know that I could support a black line rule stating that a DUI keeps you out of Creighton or from participating in athletics. How many prominent people would be out of work if receiving a DUI meant that you are immediately fired from your job? At that school in Lincoln, you can three DUIs and still be a member of the coaching staff!!!!
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby ictjay » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:23 pm

AttyAlum wrote:DUIs are serious business for sure, as is the risk a drunk driver places upon society. However, I don't know that I could support a black line rule stating that a DUI keeps you out of Creighton or from participating in athletics. How many prominent people would be out of work if receiving a DUI meant that you are immediately fired from your job? At that school in Lincoln, you can three DUIs and still be a member of the coaching staff!!!!

Funny stuff. I'm up in the air. Researched him and followed him since HS. Always heard he was a good kid. Stuck with it and got eligible. Mac runs a tight ship. If he wants to bring him in, I'm good with it.
ictjay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Eye of the Jay

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:03 am

He backed off his commitment about a week ago. BC is still in the mix along with four others. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Dundee Hipster » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

This program has a very recent senior that is accused of rape and still well ingrained with the players and media. I think I'll take Hawkins.
Dundee Hipster

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:This program has a very recent senior that is accused of rape and still well ingrained with the players and media. I think I'll take Hawkins.

Don't understand that reasoning at all.

That senior was dismissed from the program immediately upon the accusations. So the program didn't embrace his continued involvement as a player with serious criminal allegations against him. Not exactly a great ringing reason to bring in somebody who has some criminal issues (if you think these are serious) and embrace him being a part of the team. It totally might be o.k. to bring him in -- but the fact that Mo was accused and charged with a serious crime doesn't suddenly mean that we should "take" anybody with any kind of criminal history or problems.
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting