2018 G Keyshawn Embery

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 G Keyshawn Embery

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 pm

JaysLifer wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:I always find ones like this to be puzzling.

The videos and stuff online suggest that this kid would be a good get and a good addition. The staff must feel that way, because they've made him an offer.

But the list of his "top 5" is not all that impressive. Creighton is pretty clearly the best basketball program on that list, and arguably by a whole lot. So what is the common strand to suggest what he's looking for and what kind of a talent he is for that to be the final 5 list and this to look like it would be a good get? When we're competing largely with other schools in the conference, or other smaller schools with big programs, or all geographically similar schools, or schools who have been to the tourney a lot and not broken through, etc., it's easier to find a common thread. Ones like this, it's a little confusing.

You think Creighton is a better program than Purdue, and by a "whole lot"?

"Creighton is pretty clearly a better basketball program than Purdue, arguably by a whole lot" would not be a good thing to argue. I'm sorry, but almost everybody outside of Omaha and West Lafayette (i.e. unbiased folks) would conclude that Purdue has the better basketball program historically (and recently) than Creighton.

That aside, to answer the question, I doubt the staff cares what other schools are on the list. If the staff evaluates a player and determines he is worthy of an offer, the offer is made. "Common threads" and some of the other parameters being suggested are likely not considered by the staff. Does Creighton want the player? That's all that matters. Since Coach Mac offered, the answer is clearly "yes." All that other stuff be damned!
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Outside of Omaha and West Lafayette...by about 2000 miles.
Creighton is Clearly the better program...historically and recently, over Purdue...By a whole lot (Gulf o Mexico-wide margin).
Everyone Knows I don't have a biased bone in my body and am the epitome (edit) of reason and fairness.

;) :o

Knew something didn't look correct, but spellcheck is broken. :D
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Outside of Omaha and West Lafayette...by about 2000 miles.
Creighton is Clearly the better program...historically and recently, over Purdue...By a whole lot (Gulf o Mexico-wide margin).
Everyone Knows I don't have a biased bone in my body and am the epidemy of reason and fairness.

;) :o

You had me until you absolutely butchered the spelling of "epitome." Now, I'm afraid I have to stick to my original take.

Unless you meant to type "epidemy," which refers to a diseased state - in which case your sentence might actually make sense. Some would argue that your reasonableness and fairness are diseased. Not me, of course. But others might. :D :D :D :D
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Dear gtmo,

Allow me, in the name of reasonableness and fairness to deflect this shiv towards your neck. I wouldn't actually stab you - "not me of course, but others might" and they would be happy to. So let me just throw this backhanded jab your way - SLAP! Oh, and gtmo...please duck. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Picked up offers from Texas A&M, Arizona State, Butler and Cincinnati over the last few days. Here is an article with quote about Creighton:

Creighton is another school that has established themselves as a program that has a chance at receiving a commitment from him.

"Coach McDermott speaks the truth, he is a great coach and they have a great facility," said Embery. "I went on an unofficial up there earlier and it's a great program."

http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/816619?referrer_id=1272156
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Recently added offers from Virginia Tech, Arkansas, West Virginia, Georgia Tech..... definitely blowing up.
Jet915

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Wow. Really surprised we didn't make his "new" top 5. Love this kids game. Best of luck.
ASU, Arkansas, Butler, A&M, West Virginia.
bluejayfan00

Postby Jet915 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Not one school remained from his last top 5. Very odd, new list isnt really better either.
Jet915

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Why even make a top 5 anymore?
ZMagic30

Postby Panhandle Jay » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:53 am

Seems like this kid really knows what he wants.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting