2018 F Ian Steere (Decommit, NC State Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2018 F Ian Steere (Commit)

Postby cufan10 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Helmzy wrote:Asked if Creighton was still an option and he said "I'm going to sit down and see what the best options for me are. I would like to be a little closer but who knows what might happen"

Doesn't look too good

Would have been nice if he realized and thought about that before he committed. Now the coaches are in a pickle having to figure out what to do with the spot.
cufan10

Re: 2018 F Ian Steere (Decommit)

Postby LynchMob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Won't say what I want to say about the moral character of this young man just in case he reads this.

But it would certainly be nice if people gave their word and meant it.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Helmzy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:16 pm

ictjay wrote:
Helmzy wrote:Asked if Creighton was still an option and he said "I'm going to sit down and see what the best options for me are. I would like to be a little closer but who knows what might happen"

Doesn't look too good

Never seen a decommit recommit to the same school. Maybe has happened.

It's happened. There were at least 3 this year
Helmzy

Postby ictjay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Helmzy wrote:
ictjay wrote:

Doesn't look too good

Never seen a decommit recommit to the same school. Maybe has happened.

It's happened. There were at least 3 this year

Cool.
ictjay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Wasn't Louisville the supposed leader - prior to his surprise commit? It's a little closer to NC. Get KC's PF Yor Anei. He wants to be here.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:50 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Wasn't Louisville the supposed leader - prior to his surprise commit? It's a little closer to NC. Get KC's PF Yor Anei. He wants to be here.

If he ends up Lousville or UNC, I honestly hope that they get slammed with sanctions and he never gets to sniff playing in March Madness. Same with Tugs.

I don't wish anything bad to happen to these kids, but I don't quite get the mentality that when a kid strings the school along or actually commits only to bail and go somewhere else we should wish them all the success in the world. I wish all the success in the world to our team and to the kids who come to play for our team. I'm fine with anyone else never getting to play a meaningful game in the postseason.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jays26 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Would you really want a re-commit? I'm sure the coaches and fans would welcome him back with open arms but do you want a kid with 1 foot out the door.

I'm with GTMO (did I just type that!) get someone that is 100% committed.
Jays26

Postby ictjay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Ian was pumping CU like you wouldn't believe encouraging Marcus Zegarowski to commit among others on Twitter. Then he went into his silent, no social media mode until today.
ictjay

Postby LawJay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I had a weird feeling about Ian. He seems really into himself with a lot of drama. His social media was over the top, followed up by his social media silence, transfer from high school his senior year and now this. I wonder if there is more to the story. Is it possible the coaches started to question character and fit and mutually parted ways.
LawJay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Our coaches are great evaluators and are expert judges of character/fit. Had there been question marks they would have pulled the offer. There was only a verbal commitment- I think there were schools still tugging at him (pun intended) and the kid caved in. Stuff happens. There are good candidates still available- let's get 2.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting