2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby yeti47 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:04 pm

We gave Marcus Foster who was labeled a cancer to the K state locker room a chance why not Tugs? We forgive....we give 2nd chances. Let's do it. Marcus came here because of Mac....I'm sure it's what Tugs needs too. Got you gtmo.
yeti47

Postby Oldfan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Um, because he strung us along for months and caused us to most likely miss out on other quality players that could be helping our program. Oh, and his dad expected 100k for him to sign with a program. You don’t just get Tugs, you get his jackass dad as well.
Oldfan

Postby Durango Jay » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:14 am

I think that just because the FBI is done with him does not mean the NCAA is done with him. I think that paying a player's surrogate, is essentially the same as paying a player, thus Bowen is no longer elgible to play college sports. I may be wrong on some sort of technicality, but that is the spirit of the rule. We as an organization should not enter this fray.
Durango Jay

Postby yeti47 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:37 am

Cam Newton situation...if past precedent was set.... he'll be eligible. Dad took the money and guided him to decision. Bygones be bygones. Is he a diva? Yes did we miss out some players? Yes, but here should of been contingency plans. If Ian steere decides to transfer from NC State to Creigton, After his frosh year, will you say no? We give second chances...it's what creighton does....if he is eligible, Coach says yes, I'll be happy.
yeti47

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 am

Blown away by the number of people who want this kid to come here now.

Our players openly did not want him to come here - so, yeah let’s just blow up all of that team chemistry and morale for a diva who got paid to go to a dirty program that he never mentioned even being interested in.

Second chance? This is nothing like any other second chance situation. Yeah, we’d openly welcome someone like Ian Steele coming back - he hasn’t been implicated in an FBI investigation.

You’ll never convince me he was unaware of what was going on. He’s dirty. Period. And he never looked like a program changing player, anyway.

I’ll stop donating if we pursue this pariah. And I’d think most clean programs would steer as far away from him and his family as possible. I hope he never gets on a basketball court again.

Those of you wanting him now are just crazy.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jays26 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeti, your logic is mindblowing.
Last edited by Jays26 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jays26

Postby mel ott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:Blown away by the number of people who want this kid to come here now.

I don't see that in these threads. Usually the case ( and the OWH does this too) where people use a couple of anonymous people on an internet board to suggest a strong position/opinion on a topic. I don't see where many are wanting him back- in fact, I would say the vast majority do not.
mel ott

Postby JD4JAYS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Just doing my little part to get us to #200
JD4JAYS

Postby CURx » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Can I help? <Insert fart noise here>
CURx

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:00 pm

mel ott wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:Blown away by the number of people who want this kid to come here now.

I don't see that in these threads. Usually the case ( and the OWH does this too) where people use a couple of anonymous people on an internet board to suggest a strong position/opinion on a topic. I don't see where many are wanting him back- in fact, I would say the vast majority do not.

I didn't say that the "majority" do. I said I was blown away by the number of people who want him to come here. I'd be blown away if any true fan of our program wanted that kid here. But since last Wednesday when this discussion started again, there have been several posters suggesting that we might want to consider it, that we're "transfer U," that we give "second chances," etc. -- at least 1/3 of the people who have weighed in, and closer to 1/2, in fact. I never said that represented the entire fanbase. But to have several frequent posters on here suggest that we should consider Tugs coming here now is enough to blow me away.
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting