2017 Creighton Volleyball

Talk about Creighton athletics.

Return to Jays Sports

Re: 2017 Creighton Volleyball

Postby KenoshaJay » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Great season, good post-season.

Appears to be a solid group of graduating ladies who had a great influence on the team culture.

KBB and staff continue to impress.
KenoshaJay

Postby wildjays » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Photos from the final match against Michigan State on Saturday night, thanks to Mike Spomer:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/photo-gal ... gan-state/

And

http://photos.whiteandbluereview.com/p155189320
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:Don't know the sport or the team but not having #9 on the floor at all times seems like a bad coaching decision.

This is an amazing post. I can’t help myself.

FIFY. Thanks OW. Had a great time supporting CU in a championship tournament. Admitting I know little about VB was honest, I look forward to reading your similar posts elsewhere. :mrgreen:
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 pm

cu8493 wrote:Hmmm, seems like a lot of posts I read every time Mac drops a game. (Referring to the posts criticizing coaching personnel decisions)

Guilty as charged.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby cu8493 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Not a knock on your volleyball post as much as the complete overreaction to the Gonzaga game by some. I personally know exactly squat about volleyball and am thankful my daughter chose soccer and basketball over volleyball. Disappointing loss, but hosting was another step toward becoming one of the elite programs. Truly amazing what coach Booth has built. Keep the momentum going.
cu8493

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Waylon Van Smack wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:Don't know the sport or the team but not having #9 on the floor at all times seems like a bad coaching decision.

FIFY. Thanks OW. Had a great time supporting CU in a championship tournament. Admitting I know little about VB was honest, I look forward to reading your similar posts elsewhere. :mrgreen:

Admitting you don’t know the sport was honest - and fine. But then AFTER admitting that you just had to criticize the coaching decision based on a premise that was totally wrong BECAUSE you don’t know the sport. That was the point. Didn’t need “fixing” at all, but thanks.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:

Admitting you don’t know the sport was honest - and fine. But then AFTER admitting that you just had to criticize the coaching decision based on a premise that was totally wrong BECAUSE you don’t know the sport. That was the point. Didn’t need “fixing” at all, but thanks.

Trust me, I hear you clucking there big chicken.... It wasn't meant to be as critical toward the coach as much as it was to be a fan of #9 but I understand how it's taken that way. I think the WVB coach has taken Creighton to the next level and she is doing a great job fwiw. I may attend a few more games next year.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Waylon Van Smack wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:FIFY. Thanks OW. Had a great time supporting CU in a championship tournament. Admitting I know little about VB was honest, I look forward to reading your similar posts elsewhere. :mrgreen:

Trust me, I hear you clucking there big chicken.... It wasn't meant to be as critical toward the coach as much as it was to be a fan of #9 but I understand how it's taken that way. I think the WVB coach has taken Creighton to the next level and she is doing a great job fwiw. I may attend a few more games next year.

Gotcha. I can see how you meant it differently than I took it, and my take on your post was wrong. My apologies.

And you got a good laugh out of me with the “I hear you clucking, big chicken” line — that’s gold.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby RVB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:13 am

Five Jays named All-East Region picks by the American Volleyball Coaches Association

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2017/12 ... -team.aspx
RVB

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 am

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:

Gotcha. I can see how you meant it differently than I took it, and my take on your post was wrong. My apologies.

And you got a good laugh out of me with the “I hear you clucking, big chicken” line — that’s gold.
its all good OW, bigger fish to fry Saturday with the red menace rolling in while still in full Frosterbation mode.
Waylon Van Smack

PreviousNext

Return to Jays Sports