2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (St. John's Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (Offered)

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:14 am

HandDownManDown wrote:
R Jay wrote:
McKinney's Neighbor wrote:In any event, I bet the pumpers will be talking themselves into the JUCO PG that commits to CU in February.

What's this supposed to mean? There are plenty of quality guards in the transfer and JUCO markets. Four year players are a great commodity, but right now we're not hitting on the one's we're interested in.
I'd much rather take a high major player from the transfer or JUCO route who only has two years than a mid major four year guy.

Let them have their day in the sun. We struck out, and here comes the tidal wave. Predictable.

However, when Milliken or Albert blows up in a game, they'll be on here, shining that player's shoes.

:lol:
McKinney's Neighbor

Re: 2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (St. John's Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am

Oy!

This article says Ponds and his high school buddy Rasheem Dunn who's balling out at St. Francis, were a package deal and on their way to Creighton. Distance from NYC and family seemed to be the wrench in those plans.

Dunn's line for St. Francis this year, 15ppg - 5.7rpg - 2.3apg - 1.2spg. Not a great 3P% or FG% but having Ponds and a player like Dunn would have been nice.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/why-brooklyn-star-stuck-around-to-build-homegrown-contender/
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Oy!

This article says Ponds and his high school buddy Rasheem Dunn who's balling out at St. Francis, were a package deal and on their way to Creighton. Distance from NYC and family seemed to be the wrench in those plans.

Dunn's line for St. Francis this year, 15ppg - 5.7rpg - 2.3apg - 1.2spg. Not a great 3P% or FG% but having Ponds and a player like Dunn would have been nice.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/why-brooklyn-star-stuck-around-to-build-homegrown-contender/

LMAO. Way to make this season worse, Hilltop
bluejayfan00

Postby JayPak » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Talent identification was spot on, in this case.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby ictjay » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:28 am

hilltopalum wrote:Oy!

All due respect HTA, never have understood these posts, Russell Westbrook posts, etc. Being "close" in recruiting or in life is kind of sad.
ictjay

Postby slaw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 am

I always assumed we were a distant 3rd, that Providence was ahead of us in the end.
slaw

Previous

Return to Recruiting