Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:12 am

wildjays wrote:
wildjays wrote:Caymen Islands announcement official coming Monday according to their Twitter.
Caymen Island classic deleted their tweet that they were announcing today. Maybe a team pulled out.

With our luck, it will be one of the P5 teams to be replaced by a MEAC/SWAC team...
Jet915

Postby LJay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Maury ... Freaking ... Hanks.

Someone who knows him needs to get Mac drunk this summer and find out wtf with Maury.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Nord » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Not sure of the format of next year’s tournament but with the new quad system we have to stop doing those where you get two cupcakes at home before going to a neutral court to play two games against better foes. We need 3-4 neutral floor games out of a tournament to boost Quad 1 opportunities.

These tournaments are the best opportunities to play tough teams due to the economics of needing to buy home opponents.

We should shoot for all games to be against teams with a better RPI than 250.
Nord

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:15 am

Nord wrote:Not sure of the format of next year’s tournament but with the new quad system we have to stop doing those where you get two cupcakes at home before going to a neutral court to play two games against better foes. We need 3-4 neutral floor games out of a tournament to boost Quad 1 opportunities.

While I'd like to avoid those fatty cupcakes, I don't know that we necessarily have to avoid tourneys with a few of them. However, if we play in those types of tourneys, we can't be adding additional SWAC/MEAC cupcakes to the noncon like we did this year.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Nord » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:12 pm

I’m not as focused on those tourney formats to avoid cupcakes as much as I am focused on maximizing Quad 1 opportunities. But we agree that we need to avoid Quad 4 games.
Nord

Postby wildjays » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:05 pm

I have started compiling, like usual, no only the Creighton future non-conference games for 2018-19 and beyond, but for the whole Big East. Here is what I have so far:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/future-bi ... schedules/

There are a lot more holes to fill than usual. It seems to be tougher to find out about these non-conference games that are scheduled as coaches are more tight-lipped on these for some reason. I think the reason is so while negotiating with other teams for games they can use the non-knowledge of their schedule as leverage to get schools to commit to a series or buy game.

If you have any others to add that aren't on here, let me know. I would appreciate it. I'll keep scouring for information.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:55 am

Butler and Florida set up a home-and-home series this morning via a tweet between their coaches. Gotta love it.

WBR Tom

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:57 am

Polyfro wrote:Butler and Florida set up a home-and-home series this morning via a tweet between their coaches. Gotta love it.

That's awesome.
Jet915

Postby taa71458 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:57 am

Who knew Shatel was right when he said it was that easy.
taa71458

Postby LynchMob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 am

Something something Mac's Twitter something something avoid quadrant 4. Fill in the rest for yourselves it's my lunch break.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops